Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JES

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Hi All,

I'm an iPhone 3G user. My battery is starting to go caput, though, and more and more apps won't run until I install IOS 5.

Am thinking of buying a 4S. From the buyer's guide is looks like it'll be another good 100 to 150 days or so before a new model comes out (the average is skewed by more frequent early updates -- the cycles keep getting longer in fact). What would you do if you were me? I'm not the type to update every time a new iPhone comes out. The 4G is interesting, not sure what other features would make a different to me.

Thank you!

Widashy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
iPhone 4S is pretty fast and has a great camera in it. Plus, the Siri would be upgraded with coming iOS 6. I think you can buy 4S since the new one is still 5-6 months away. But if you want to be on the bleeding edge of Apple tech, then wait for it. The new one would be significantly different from the previous iPhones.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The next iPhone is still a ways off. I'd just get the 4S personally. I love mine.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
IMO. You've been able to live with a 3G this long. I would hold out to at least see what the new iPhone will bring this year. Saw a used 3G go on ebay for like $87 if you needed something to tied you over.

If you're going to use your subsidy and lock yourself into a 2yr contract you may as well use it on the latest model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.