4S: buy or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JES, May 31, 2012.

  1. JES macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #1
    Hi All,

    I'm an iPhone 3G user. My battery is starting to go caput, though, and more and more apps won't run until I install IOS 5.

    Am thinking of buying a 4S. From the buyer's guide is looks like it'll be another good 100 to 150 days or so before a new model comes out (the average is skewed by more frequent early updates -- the cycles keep getting longer in fact). What would you do if you were me? I'm not the type to update every time a new iPhone comes out. The 4G is interesting, not sure what other features would make a different to me.

    Thank you!
     
  2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

    Jordan921

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #2
    If you don't update every refresh then get the 4S
     
  3. Widashy macrumors regular

    Widashy

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    #3
    iPhone 4S is pretty fast and has a great camera in it. Plus, the Siri would be upgraded with coming iOS 6. I think you can buy 4S since the new one is still 5-6 months away. But if you want to be on the bleeding edge of Apple tech, then wait for it. The new one would be significantly different from the previous iPhones.
     
  4. Technarchy macrumors 603

    Technarchy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    #4
    The next iPhone is still a ways off. I'd just get the 4S personally. I love mine.
     
  5. aztooh macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2011
    #5
    I'd say the opposite of this. If you're going to keep it for a while, wait for the refresh....that is IF the 3G can hold out.
     
  6. Syk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #6
    IMO. You've been able to live with a 3G this long. I would hold out to at least see what the new iPhone will bring this year. Saw a used 3G go on ebay for like $87 if you needed something to tied you over.

    If you're going to use your subsidy and lock yourself into a 2yr contract you may as well use it on the latest model.
     
  7. djransom macrumors 68040

    djransom

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    Location:
    Chi-Town
    #7
    We're already headed in to June so if the OP can hold out till October or so then I would do just that.
     

Share This Page