4s charging port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmouse, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Hi folks, would like to ask if anyone of you lucky enough to get scratches dents around your charging port?

I asked this is because 2 of my replacement also has small scratches on the right side of the charging port.

Should I even be worrying about it? It's brand new and it has scratches already, leaves me thinking they must be from old parts onto the refurbish? Does brand new iPhone 4s have coectice issues too?

Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The scratches on the left and right inside of the dock port are normal and every iDevices has them. Even right from the factory.

3. Jmouse thread starter macrumors 6502

For real?

I'm not talking about the ones left by the 15 pin charger. It's on the bottoms of the port not the side where the charger meet.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes. It is metal rubbing against metal. Something will get scratched. The 30 pin dock connector will scratch any and all sides of the inside of the dock connector. There is no fix for it, because it isn't a problem. All devices that have a plug have scratches. Whether it's the latest Android phone with a pico-USB port or a power plug for the mains, they all have scratches on them.