4S for sale after 5S and mini?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDominic, Jul 7, 2013.

1. iDominic macrumors member

iDominic

What phones do you think apple will continue selling after the release of the 5S and the cheaper iPhone?

Will it be iPhone Mini/Lite/Nano, 5, 5S?
    Or do you think that it will be iPhone Mini, 4S, 5, 5S.

Personally, I think they will continue to sell the 4S because I think this cheaper iPhone will just start a new series of cheaper phones, similar to Samsung has the Galaxys, Notes, etc. What do you think tho, because everyone seems to think they will just drop the 4S.

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

The cheaper iPhone is meant for markets like India and other markets where a $650+ phone is not appealing to the masses. I don't believe we will see it in the USA or any of the major release markets.

I would expect the 4S to be $0, 5 to be $99, 5S to be $199+ on AT&T/Verizon/Sprint.

3. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Has Apple ever done it where they sell certain products in poor nations yet don't even have those products for sale in other nations? :confused:

4. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

They haven't so far. But from what I've read that's what everyone seems is likely to happen with this cheaper phone. But we don't know until it's announced.

5. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It's also possible to release the cheap iPhone on prepaid carriers like Virgin Mobile, where people have to purchase their phones outright.

6. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

rabidz7

How much will intelligent, unsubsidized people have to pay?

7. TWD98j macrumors regular

It will be:

iPhone Lite (8 GB) - free on contract

iPhone 5 (16 GB) - $99 on contract

iPhone 5S (16/32/64 GB) - $199/$299/$399 on contract

My guess is that the 4S is discontinued with the 4. Reason being is that Apple will want ALL of their iDevices to run on Lightening connectors. The 4S still has the 30 pin connector, and Apple is trying to phase that out. That said, I am almost certain that the iPhone Lite will have specs similar to the 4S (A5 chip, 8mp camera, 512 MB RAM) but will have the Lightening connector as well as 4" screen.

8. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Unsubsidized =/= Intelligence ;)

Depends on the situation.