4S has been off the charger 7 hours and only lost 2%.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrackerJackToy, Nov 17, 2011.

1. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

Received my 4S Tuesday and immediately updated to 5.0.1. I did a full power cycle yesterday and let it drain all the way (never on the charger once since I received it). It finally died.

Charged it until 100% and the last 7 hours ive only dropped 2 whopping percent. That includes listening to Pandora while getting ready for 30 minutes this morning.

I love it!

2. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

The same did my 3gs which means the 4S really has a battery issue since the battery's bigger and it's supposed to last longer.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This Is Interesting

When I got my 4S, I did the required updates / transfer of data etc. First time I put it on charge I did so at the (20%) battery warning. It died in a day.

Second cycle was a little better, got a day and half. Then I let it die completely and did a full re-charge. 3 day's later, and a 3 hour phone call today plus the usual text stuff it now shows 63%.

I'm starting to trust it. (was carrying my 4 with me if a quick change was required)

Hopefully, things sam to be going in the right direction. I think your advice about letting it go flat is right, so will do so again. Love siri, different quip each time!

4. CrackerJackToy thread starter macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

Been at the gym listening to music for 2 hours, and still have 85% remaining. Unbelievable!

5. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I g0t through sleeping 8 hours on my iPod touch, no drop in percent, but that was in iOS 4.2.1

6. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Entirely possible

I have left mine for similar periods and i'm sure it didn't drop more than 5%

My drain is probably higher because my 3G signal at home is quite weak. Only 3 bars.

7. Coley macrumors member

My battery was pretty much garbage out of the box. 5.0.1 came out the next day or day after or something and didn't seem to make much of a difference for a few days. I did a full drain and re-charge twice since. My 4S is now beating out my 3GS (which has excellent battery life still, somehow) put on the same settings (except my 4S has a sim card and the cellular connection is on, not in airplane mode, so if anything it should be eating battery faster!)
    I have heard people say the update seemed to help, and then battery seems to become poor again, or that depending on where they use their phone, it varies, etc. So I'm not getting too comfortable with it, but it appears somewhat promising so far...