4s inventory in Apple and/or ATT stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ricb, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ricb macrumors member

Please don't crucify me - there's probably already a recent post about this but wasn't sure what to search on....I haven't been reading the forums much since I couldn't upgrade with full subsidy at the 4s release... :cool:

How's the current supplies in the Apple or AT&T stores? My upgrade date is 12/31 (today) :eek: - I'd like to just pop in one of the before-mentioned stores to buy one, but if supplies are out - I'll just do an internet order. :D

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's no way to tell how the supplies are looking at your local store. You can reserve one online at an Apple store if you want. Additionally you can just call the AT&T/Apple store and see if they have what you want. If not, then just order online.

3. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Call your local AT&T or Apple store and ask if they have any available.

4. ricb thread starter macrumors member

*duh*, right? I will call the ATT and Apple stores. I guess I was just trying to get a sense for current demand....one of those "I need to know now but I cant call" type of things.....giddyness if you will. :rolleyes:

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well all I'm trying to say is that whatever we say has no bearing.

But since you asked, I walked into my AT&T store on the 22nd just to look around and surprisingly they has some 4S' in stock. no 16gb b/w, some 32gb b, and some 64 gb b/w .... i got the 32gb b. Was surprised they had any.

6. ricb thread starter macrumors member

You're exactly right - but that also tells me that there's potential that the stores have inventory so I'm motivated to call and check. I typically do everything online but in this rare case.........I want instant gratification so I'll just check on the situation. ;)

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The three local AT&T stores in Jacksonville all have the 4S in stock. 16, 32 and 64 gb units in black and white most of the time.

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

The ATT stores in my area are out of the 16GB models. I also checked both Targets and they too are out. The local Radio Shacks have them in stock, limited supplies though. I would check your Radio Shacks, they might still be running the $170 iPhone deal.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I won't crucify you, just make a suggestion. Call the store. Done. If you live in NY, LA, etc. you may have trouble. More rural? Likely not.

10. /user/me macrumors 6502

That's how I got mine. :p They bought my 4 back for 180 :p. I did get the last one in the store though, so definitely call and check before you go anywhere.

11. NYRangers11 macrumors member

Reserve a phone at the apple store worked great for me. It seemed like they had plenty in stock.

12. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I called a local Best Buy and they have several Black 16GB 4S in stock. White they were out of the 16 GB but did have 32 and 64 GB models in stock.

Make sure you specify your CARRIER if you call a retailer like Best Buy!