4s owners: How's battery life on iOS 6 vs 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boob, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Boob macrumors member

Battery life went downhill for me when I went from 5.1 to 5.1.1. I'm hoping iOS 6 has improved the battery life.

2. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Mine was significantly better. 5.1.1 gave me 5-6 hours of usage. With 6, I'd get anywhere from 7-9 hours usage. But then again, I calibrate by battery once a month and with any new OS.

3. Boob thread starter macrumors member

Well that's good to hear. I think I'll do the update then.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Battery life on my 4S went uphill. Way better than it was at 5.1.1. Used to get around 6-7 hours, but now I get about 8-9 hours of usage.

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

better maybe a 10-15% better improvement, but the results for me could be skewed in the fact I setup as a new phone and only synced my iCloud backup of photos, calendar, contacts, bookmarks.

I installed apps all over one by one and music just what I am using at the time.

Seems to be running way better, but then again I was Jail broken on my 4S with 5.1.1

6. Boob thread starter macrumors member

Updating as we speak. The OTA says it takes about an hour to update. Does it really take that long?

7. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Once you update, drain it to 0%, then charge it. You should notice much battery life after this. If you use it without draining, you might not see as great of bl as seen. It's best to do this once a month or with any new OS version. I've done this and have gotten great bl out of my devices.

8. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Definitely better on my 4S. I can get about 24 hours standby with 8-9 hours of usage.

Right now I have 23 hours standby and 3.5 hours of usage (charged before I went to bed last night and didn't use heavily today)..
    And I still have 55%.
    Battery seems stellar. Thank you Apple.

9. ewils19 macrumors 6502

My battery life definitely seems to be better.