4S photo, how big can i print ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, May 25, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

i have a photo i took and i want to get it blown up and frame it. how large can i go without degrading the photo.?i want to keep it as clear as possible. i think i want to go 8x10. :confused:

2. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

i am retarded

this is too hard to figure out, can someone just tell me? :rolleyes:

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok a link is too hard for you to figure out , 8 megapixel is perfect for 8/10.

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

going by the chart he posted looks like 8"+ x 10"+ is the limit of 8mp which the 4S has. not so hard.

5. Nyalotha macrumors member

Or you can buy a vector based enlarging program. I believe the average cost is 99$.

Several pro photographers I follow use them to enlarge iPhone 4S pictures and print them 17"x24".

Depending on your needs :D

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Going to the link it actually says under the chart: "You can make nice 8" x 10" prints with a 6 or 8 megapixel camera"

I wouldn't be surprised if you were spoon-fed till you were 15 :rolleyes:

7. ToddJ macrumors 6502

Personally i don't think it is unreasonable to just answer the question instead of making rude comments. having an answer for a question in multiple spots can be a good thing....

also, i don't think that chart is accurate (especially when it gets into the really high megapixel range.)

8. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

A lot depends on the individual photo, if focus and exposure are spot on, you can go larger than you could with a slightly blurry photo.

Usually it will look fine as 8x10, I have printed 8 mp photos as a large as 13" X 19 ".

You could also take the digital file to a professional photo printer and they will enlarge and sharpen (if needed) for you. You will be pleased with how nice the photo looks when enlarged and printed by a good photo lab.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Did you even go to the link? It's a very simple chart.

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Someone did answer the question by posting a nice link with a simple, detailed chart. It answered his quesiton and then some. His reply was "that's too hard, can someone just answer me" and :rolls eyes: emoticon. I think that's a rude response. Because he is too lazy to open the link and read it, doesn't mean anyone is being unreasonable...except for the OP.

11. lilo777 macrumors 603

Resolution-wise (8MP) you should be fine for 8x10 print. However, if you are thinking of doing such prints on a regular basis, you should not use iPhone or any phone cameras for taking the pictures. At least get some P&S camera with optical zoom and optical image stabilization.