4s power button jammed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jongo1, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jongo1, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

Jongo1 macrumors regular

My power button all of a sudden jammed last night and now it won't work. It's completely sunken in. Do u think apple will replace my phone? I have a very small nick on the top of the phone from it hitting a piece of metal that happend months ago and has nothing to do with the problem now because it's by the headphone jack and it's extremely small. Do u think that would cause them to cancel the warranty

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yup that's something covered under warrantee.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That is unrelated.

4. bollyboy macrumors regular

My power button gave up two weeks ago, they replaced the phone for Black box one.

On a footnote, my phone was quite rough as i use no cover and don't really look after it, the guy never seemed interested in the condition prior to exchanging it.

Good luck ...

5. Jongo1 thread starter macrumors regular

yea he exchanged it no questions asked. I asked for a black iphone instead but he could only give me white :/. Seems like a common problem though since my friend had to go in a few weeks ago for the same problem.

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Wow, glad to hear they swapped it out without issue. I never heard of this problem before but it seems like it happens, so I need to be even more gentle with my power button.

I baby this phone anyway, lol.

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

This happened to me once too. I walked into class and it was working fine. Pulled it out after class and it was stuck. Went to apple store and I got a brand new phone. :D

8. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

This happened to me exactly as is. Except they give out refurbished phones, not "brand new".

9. Jongo1 thread starter macrumors regular

Is there away to check if it's refurbished... Cause he said they were brand new

10. Reticent macrumors member

If you want to check, try entering the serial number on https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

That might give some idea as to whether it is refurbished or not. But the real deal is, that whether or not it's refurbished, apple will still support you within that time frame of your purchase. Having never bought a refurbished product, I don't know exactly how apple care applies. But I always buy apple care because it has paid multiple times over for me.

----------

I can also tell you this: I know I have refurbished parts in my MacBook Pro because my dog spilled beer over the keyboard. $1000 later, the CD drive is noisy etc. But Apple always stands by the repair work and any time anything is sketchy or noisy with my computer, they will check it and replace it if necessary.

11. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

friend had the same problem, just go to the apple store and you'll prolly get a new phone.

12. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Same thing happened to me. I set up a genius bar appointment, and there was no issue getting it replaced. Mine was well protected with an Incipio case and a screen protector from AT&T. Luckily it happened before 5.1, as otherwise I would be stuck with a broken phone until there is an untethered JB for 5.1.

13. Bwade10 macrumors newbie

Do I have to take to an apple store or can I go to AT&T?