4s pretty much costs the same as the 5c

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 617aircav, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 617aircav Suspended

If you do the math, the free 4s with 8gb, would be $100 with 16gb, same as the 5c 16gb. The 4s seems to be a terrible deal if you care about storage at all.

2. AAPLinc, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

The 8gb 4S model is free (no other storage options), PLENTY of people will get it despite it's small storage and the fact that it's 2 years old. My 4S is still blazing fast after 2 years of use, and I have 16gb model, with 10.4 gb free. Jailbroken with plenty of apps, and tweaks that fulfill my needs.

People will still gladly sign onto a 4S. Especially older folks or ANYONE looking for a free iPhone.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There is no 16Gb 4S or 8GB 5C so they do not cost the same.

4. 617aircav thread starter Suspended

yeah i know. Just comparing what you get storage wise, vs price. Theoretically a 16gb 4s would cost $100 more than a 8gb 4s.

5. skier777 macrumors 6502

Apple has the factories, they have to keep making the parts, and the phones for replacement, they have already marketed that phone, and its life is somewhat limited. If people are still willing to pay $450 for it, Apple will still sell it. There are so many "free" phones out there that this is a great way to compete in the lower-end market without having to manufacture a different product.

It would look worse for apple to be releasing a brand new phone for free, so they didn't make an 8GB iPhone5c, they did seemingly discontinue iPhone4, which makes sense because there was no lower price point to fill.

6. Slivortal macrumors 6502

Apple needs a free on-contract phone to offer for people who want to upgrade their plans without having to pay for the phone. The 4S perfectly fits that slot.