4S reception issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rayjay86, Nov 22, 2011.

1. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

I upgraded to the 4S merely because I needed an unlocked phone and it was only costing me about $200 since I sold my old phone. Anyways I was under the impression that reception was supposed to be enhanced in this phone...

I work in an office that has moderate signal strength and zero signal when I'm in certain parts of the hospital. I've noticed a lot of times when I go through zero signal zones and then go outside (where I normally have maximum signal when I am coming TO work) I don't get anything. Just says "no service" not even "searching". The only way I get signal is to toggle airplane mode and then bam, I get full strength + 3G.
    This has happened a number of times and in other locations other than where I work. Ideas?

2. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

I am assuming the OS gave up looking for reception when you lost it for too long and it lowered the time interval of when it checks for reception again to save battery?

3. rayjay86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point, I hadn't considered that. If that's the case it's all the more reason for having an SBsettings-esque toggle function for specific functions. It's really annoying to have to go into settings and do that all the time.

The other thing I just noticed is that if you have wifi turned off you can't use any voice control features. I couldn't even use voice control to play a song because Siri wasn't available. It's kind of stupid really, non-siri devices can support it, there should be certain native commands that don't require apple server communication.

4. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Agreed Sir ;)