4S reception on AT&T is knocking it out of the park

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kre62, Oct 16, 2011.

1. kre62 macrumors 68000

Im a longtime iPhone and AT&T user. I've experienced tons of problems with AT&T. Many times I cursed the network, other times I thought it was the crappy Infineon Cell chips the iPhones were using.

Since getting the 4S, I must say my reception problems have vanished. The combination of the dual antennas and the super awesome Qualcomm cell chip are locking that signal down. I used to drop calls whenever in my parking garage. Now I have 2 bars and steady calls inside that underground garage.

I also went from about 1.5mbps on speed tests to 5.78mbps.

Overall I have to say the 4S is the best PHONE I’ve had on AT&T. Seems like the best of all worlds now, super speedy network and great signal.

P.S. Ping times have been super low as well. Used to be 500-600ms, now its like 110ms.

2. wirawee macrumors member

I'm excited to hear this. My route back from work has at least three spots where my cell phone drops the signal consistently. This is in San Francisco, which has particularly bad AT&T coverage; but I'm hoping I'll see a little bit of an improvement. Thanks for the tip!

3. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

I figure it will help with those thinking about which carrier to go with.

4. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

My 3G speeds are similarly improved: very nice, indeed.

5. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

Same here. I used to have fairly bad reception in my house. It has definitely improved.

Also the awesome bump in speed. I tested some last night while in my living room. Was able to pull 5.5mbps down and 1.5mbps up.