4S replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrquin27, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mrquin27 macrumors newbie

I have had a Verizon 4S since launch. I have also been sucking it up and dealing with my battery lasting a half a day on standby in my pocket receiving and sending a handful of texts and making or receiving no calls on minimum brightness. Yeah my battery is that bad, always has been.

However I have been honoring apples statement telling us battery issue users not to run to our carrier looking for a replacement because they are working on a "software" fix for it... 4-5 months no fix I think one can understand I'm tired of "waiting"

Question being. I have insurance but is Verizon going to make me pay for a replacement on something they gave me from the factory that is extremely unnacceptable?

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You'd be better off bringing it straight to Apple and not trying to go through or deal with Verizon.... you'd get better support and, if it needs to be swapped, a better replacement.

3. mrquin27 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

No.

Yes.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apple store or call customer service. oh and 5.1 is supposed to hit Wednesday. people are hopeful about that who knows.

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

... after you make a free reservation at the Genius Bar so you're not waiting around potentially for more than an hour, hoping they'll "squeeze you in" between other reservations
    http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

8. mrquin27 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll send that email first... I don't exactly have an apple store in the immediate area here. More like a 2 hour drive

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

IF your battery is as bad as what you say, Apple will replace it with a refurb. Do not go to Verizon, go to the Apple store and be nice!

10. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Go online and setup an appointment! that way you don't have to wait!

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you can wait, rumor says that iOS 5.1 will be out soon and who knows if it fixes the battery issue, but I would wait till iOS 5.1 comes out and if it doesn't fix your battery issue, then make a genius bar appointment at your local apple store and have them take a look at it. Most likely they will replace you one.

12. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

I seriously doubt 5.1 will fix major battery drain issues.

People with severe battery drains most likely have a hardware defect that Apple will have to fix/replace.

13. cynics macrumors G4

What is the max usage you get out of it? I get 6 - 8 hours of usage per charge which for me is a day of fairly heavy usage. 16gb 4S.

14. mrquin27 thread starter macrumors newbie

I never really looked how long I got on a full charge. However, pulled it off the charger 7am. Went fishing never even turned the screen on all day. Dead when I checked it at 6pm. Yes with no use at all

15. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Bring it to an Apple store thats crazy,I had that issue as soon as the apple store swapped it out my 4S lasts all day 6am to midnight with pandora,spotify usage.