4S + S3 or iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vampireszombies, Oct 1, 2012.

1. vampireszombies macrumors 6502

Should I keep my 4S and get a Samsung S3? (Can switch back and forth)
    or get an iPhone 5, which I will then have to get rid of my 4S (no point in keeping it with a 5)

Thanks for your opinions :D

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

If you want a new phone, get a new phone. However I don't recommend keeping an old phone to swap back and forth with. If you're doing that, then you should have bought a different phone since it implies you're unhappy with it.

3. fort macrumors member

I bought the S3 on launch day and really enjoyed switching back and forth with 4s. Of course since I love new gadgets I bought the iP5 on launch day and had to sell the S3 to finance it. I like it fine but I kind of miss the switching thing. I believe it is because I like change and the feeling of new etc. The ticket would be an iP5 and S3. LTE is great.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

No one can hand hold you into buying anything. We all have different likes and dislikes. Look at all the phones and make up your own mind after some careful hands on and read the reviews..... ;)

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I'd completely scratch option #1 off the list. Using two phones will get tiresome quickly. Keeping up contacts, music, etc. between two phones will get old. If you want the S3 and an iOS device, buy the S3, sell the 4S, and buy an iPod Touch. Or just buy the 5 and be done with it. We can't tell you what to buy, your going to have to make your own decision. The S3 is a great phone as well. Just a matter of preference.

6. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I agree with this.

I had multiple devices, and switching back and forth became tiresome after a while.

It will be even uglier with iMessage. When you use your S3 your friends' iMessages will probably still go to your iPhone.