4S Skin: Zagg HD, PS Crystal, BSE, Ghost Armor, Spigrn glas.t,

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Which screen protector/skin/wrap do you prefer on your iPhone?

1. Zagg Invisishield HD

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Power Support Crystal

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Ghost Armor

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Wrapsol

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Spigen SGP glas.t

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. El cheapo disposable (Monoprice, Amazon, etc.)

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Other (Please elaborate)

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  8. None (Please elaborate)

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. willmtaylor, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok folks, getting the wife a 4S when I pre-order my new iPhone, and while she will have it in a small handbag most of the time, she wants a skin or screen protector on it. While there are a smattering assortment of threads about iPhone skins, most of them are simply a review of one brand with a few people derailing the thread with which skin they think is better or a a complete and total ripoff.

Now that people have had a while to use and try varied skins for a while, I'd like to know which one(s) you recommend and why. To reiterate, I'm looking for thin skins and screen protectors and NOT a case or bag or any other "sweatshirt" for her iPhone.

I'll try to put the big players in the poll, my apologies if your favorite iCondom gets left out in the cold. If this is the case, please rant and rave about it below.

Thanks,
    WMT

P.S. I'm allowing multiple answers on the poll b/c some might prefer to mix & match. I.E. Zagg on the back & glas.t on the front.

2. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

Why not just ask your wife what she would prefer? She may not want a screen protector at all. everyone is different and her needs will not be the same as your or the people here.

I have used Zagg InvisibleShields on just about every device I own. The exception to this is my iPhone. I don't use a skin or case at all on it. The protection, customer service, and warranty with Zagg are all great. My wife on the other hand can't stand the way they feel & prefers to pick up a five pack of cheapo screen protectors and replace them whenever they start looking rough.

I voted for Zagg HD. I use on on my iPad and really like the new HD version. Nice feel and good protection. My ipad sees more abuse than my phone.

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

B/c I don't talk to the wife; I talk at the wife. She does as she is told, and accepts whatever hand-me-down technology I deem her worthy to accept from me. I mean, that's why I'm on here doing the research for her (b/c I'm a misogynistic neanderthal and all). :cool:

Thanks for that input; it is quite helpful. I have a Zagg on the back of my iPad, but not the front. I didn't care for the "Orange Peel" of the original product on the touch surface, but I haven't tried the HD, yet. So you think it's worth it and has negated the previous drawbacks of Zagg products?
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Huge difference between regular Zagg and HD. Feels much slicker and preserves the clarity better.

5. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for that. I appreciate the heads-up (especially if laying down $30 for plastic film, albeit "helicopter-blade-protection-film." :))

6. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

So far, my favorite has been spigen's glas.t. will purchase for iphone 5 as well. i've used zagg before, not the HD, and it felt really bad. i prefer dry to wet install.

7. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I have had the Ghost Armor screens on my iPhone since I got it and they have been great to get. But if I get a chance to use the Glas.t screen protector, I think that I will. I actually have one for my iPad and really enjoy it so I will probably do the same thing!

8. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Great. Thanks for the input! Have you tried Spigen's other products or just the glas.t?

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you want a static cling protector look at:

SGP
    PowerSupport

If you want an adhesive based protector look at:

BestSkinsEver

Don't bother with Zagg.

10. walds11 macrumors 6502a

If you want something similar to the Zagg HD, but for less $, check out clear-coat.

11. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

I have like 2 products from them. They did an event at my school some time ago and was giving out free cases, which is how I heard about them. I have a Valentinus from them, which i find very convenient since i dont have to carry around my wallet. I was using their Nano optics screen protector, which I didn't like and after replacing it with the GLAS.t, WOW! it looked so clear and felt like there was nothing there.

12. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Any particular reasons why? I've got Zagg on the back of my iPad and like it. Thanks for the input, BTW.

I hadn't heard of them. I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

13. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Zagg is expensive compared to BSE.

And from previous experience Zagg turns yellow.

But hey if you like it that's good.

14. tkwolf macrumors 6502

I got Zagg HD on my iphone, both front and back. The HD is way way way superior by quality compared to the regular zagg. After 24 hours when it dries, it's like it's not even there! The clarity is amazing too and so far, no orange peel effect.

15. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for the responses; those 2 are definitely the front-runners at this point.

16. P0stalTek macrumors 6502

P0stalTek

To be honest, I have used both Power Support Crystal as well as SGP Crystal, and I prefer the SGP one. I have also used the Olemph-whatever from SGP, and I enjoy it quite a bit as well.

When my current protector wears out, I intend to try out the glass variety.

I've only used the original Zagg, and while I love it on my iPad, I could not stand it on my iPhone. This thread is making me consider looking at the HD version though.

17. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

18. Combat Shields macrumors newbie

Combat Shields

Willmtaylor -

We are a new company from Orange County, CA. We specialize in Military Grade, High Definition (HD) screen protection for Apple iPhone and iPad. Our Combat Shields will maintain the color and clarity of your screen without sacrificing durability and strength.

We would love to send you an iPhone 4s screen protector for your wife to test, free of charge (no shipping fees or purchase required). We welcome your feedback and are confident in the quality of our product.

Send us an email with your address and we will ship it out right away!

CombatShields@outlook.com

19. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

We'd be happy to give it a risk-free shot. Thanks for the offer.

20. Combat Shields macrumors newbie

Combat Shields

Hi Will -

Thank you for your email. Your shields shipped out this afternoon via USPS.

We look forward to your feedback!

Best regards,

Combat Shields

21. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

22. willmtaylor, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Never heard of it. Website looks likes a lot of fluff & hype with little substance. Is it even for sale? Is there a warranty or guarantee?

There's just not enough info.

----------

In a very crowded market, what makes your shields better than the others? Why buy from a company we know nothing about versus more tried-and-true ones? I guess I'm asking what your sales pitch is. :)

23. Combat Shields macrumors newbie

Combat Shields

All very fair questions. The market is beyond crowded, it's over-saturated. However, the majority of screen protection on the market today is the static cling "dry" protection offered on eBay and Amazon.

Why should you choose our product over the tried-and-true? Simple - we offer the same Military Grade HD technology at a fraction of the retail cost. Why pay $19.99 or even $24.99 for inferior protection? Our Combat Shields maintain the color and clarity of your screen without the "orange peel" effect. We priced our shields at $5.99 and include free shipping (unlike the tried-and-true).

No sales pitch required. Combat Shields are precision cut (in the United States) to the exact dimensions of the iPhone or iPad, providing unmatched protection for your :apple: device.

24. Combat Shields macrumors newbie

Combat Shields

FYI - Our iPhone 5 shields are available for those that expressed interest via email. $7.99 with FREE shipping! They are precision cut, IN STOCK and can ship out TODAY.

www.CombatShields.com

You can also find us on ebay under our username "Combatshields"

Best regards,

Combat Shields