4S to 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thematt, Sep 25, 2013.

1. thematt macrumors member

thematt

I got my iPhone 5S via UPS yesterday and it is such an improvement on my 4S! It's so much quicker and the battery life is amazing! I hope this same battery life remains. After an 8 hour work day my percentage was 86%. With my 4S it would have been around 51% on average.

I'm so happy I upgraded! I love my new phone!

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You must not have used it during those 8 hours.

3. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

I did! That's the magic of it.

4. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

I leaped from a 4 to this 5S and the difference is shocking. Loving it.

5. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

I also went from 4s to 5s and am very happy with the speed and battery life.

I know a couple people with 4s who were planning on skipping 5s, even though they're upgrade-eligible, but after messing with mine a bit have changed their minds.

6. Sukach macrumors regular

Ha. I know, I agree. My battery is usually toast by the end of the work day due to an app that tracks my movements (Moves), but the 5S handles it so much better.

I always wish there were more comparisons on battery improvement, CPU, etc between the 4S and 5S, rather than the 5 and 5S, since those of us that upgrade when our carriers lower the price only do so every other year.

7. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

Same! I didn't think I'd notice the difference that much but I'm loving that extra half inch of screen. Plus the LTE runs circles around the 3G I used to be stuck on.

8. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

i barely notice the big screen but then again i don't use my phone much outside of social networking, browsing the web, and listening to music :D

9. pbateman macrumors regular

Thanks for this thread, I am one of those 4S owners eligible for an upgrade but still on the fence on whether it is worth it....good to hear other 4S to 5S converts experiences..
    If there was a black/slate 5S I'd do it in a heartbeat, not too convinced with the Gray yet..

10. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

You'll notice a nicer screen for sure (might just be iOS7) and deff much quicker in all regards.

LTE is an added bonus. Faster than my 20mbps home internet

11. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Have you noticed any new features that have not been on past iPhone's or Android phones?

12. seble macrumors 6502a

wow these people raving about battery must have 5Ss powered on unicorn dust or something. My phone was on 25% by 3pm today (unplugged at 7) and after charging it again, by 11pm now, its on 15%

13. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

You think you might have a defective battery? Unless you have some apps that are really taxing your phone, I might have it looked at.

14. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Turn off the feature that updates apps in the background.

15. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

I loved my 4s but.... After 2 years..

Love my new 5s.

16. seble macrumors 6502a

hmmm I'll give it another week or so. Tbh, today its been different. Unplugged at 7am again today, by now (17:25) its at 57%, still less then what I got with the original 4 though.

----------

Hmm litereally just done that, but not sure it'll make a difference as I switched off most of the apps that use the feature anyway!

17. celly macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as you. I scored the 4s at release two years ago. I'll be down for the 6s (success) in two years. ;)

I used a 5 for a few months and loved the bigger screen, lightness and speed over the 4s so am looking forward to rocking the 5s soon.

18. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

This. Just discovered it two days ago. Makes a world of difference. But I think the wording is wrong. Go into GENERAL, then BACKGROUND APP REFRESH. Turn it off. You'll notice a difference

19. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

in battery life maybe, but IM LOVING the fact that apps update automatically now and theres no more annoying red number near the app store icon 24/7

20. octatonic macrumors regular

octatonic

Also went from the 4s to the 5s.
    I'm a happy bunny.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The jump from a 4S to 5S is pretty significant. I'm glad you are enjoying your new iPhone.

22. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I went from a 4 to a 5s, couldn't be happier.

Loving the LTE!!

Attached Files:

23. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Yeah, we're talking about two different issues, and it's my fault as UPGRADE was clearly stated, then I made my comment. Apologies. What I'm talking about is the auto refresh of apps that are open in the multitask. If it's been a few days since you closed all the apps then this can be a real and unnecessary drain. Just go into GENERAL then BACKGROUND APP REFRESH. This will not effect the app auto upgrade feature, which BTW I don't like either because I like to read about an apps upgrade features before upgrading. Sometime upgrades are actually downgrades

24. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I'm up to 8 hours usage, and 35 hours standby. 13% remaining.

----------

um... you're on Wifi.

25. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

Um... Yes, I was on wifi when I captured the screenshot. Notice the antenna icon next to the date.

This was my wifi results... Notice the change of icon:

Attached Files: