4s volume display issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, May 29, 2012.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

My 4s has been having this strange issue with the volume being displayed without physically pressing the volume button.
    At times the volume display will last for quite a while. I'll try turning the phone off and back on and It'll still be there.

Also, the volume will increase all the way up without me touching the volume key at or any part of the phone for that matter.

This problem has been happening for quite sometime now. I have made an appointment to see a Genius tomorrow.
    I don't have Applecare as I figured I didn't need it because of the 1 year manufacturers warranty. If they aren't able to fix this issue, how likely is it that they would replace my 4s at no charge?

P.S I have the LifeProof case on my 4s if that matters.

Thanks in advance

2. completing macrumors member

Did you try restoring first? Apple guys will you to do that first.

If it is under warranty, they will replace it for free.

Look and see if the water damage sensors have been turned red under the charger port and headphone jack since they might turn you down if there's a water damage.

LifeProof case is a water proof case, but water could still get in if not applied properly and submerged in the water.

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Any chance the Lifeproof case isn't lined up properly and the volume buttons are being pushed by the case itself? I had an Otterbox case that didn't have the silicone lining set perfectly and I noticed the same happening with the volume.

4. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

The case is not the issue. The same problem occurs whithout it. I brought it into apple and was told to do a complete whipe and start fresh. I would do this but it seems like a hassle. I have way to many photos and SMS that I need on my phone. I'm scared that if I do this, I will not be able to get my sms's back onto the phone.
    The genious guy at apple checked my phone for water damage and came up with nada.

5. Nathan21585 macrumors member

I have the same problem. I took it to apple and they said its common and it's just a sensitive volume rocker. They put a piece of plastic in the phone to help it. They said it fixes it 95% of the time. Mine it didn't fix so I have to take it back.