5/5c owners- Will you buy a new iphone this year or will stick with your old iphone ?

Math889

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
5/5c owners . Will you upgrade to a new Iphone this year , or stick with your iphone on IOS 10?

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I'm upgrading my 5S to an 8, but in recent days, my 5S has been freezing, I hope it can last until Dec./Jan. because that's a decent time frame when I'll be able to acquire an 8 due to all the pre-order madness.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
With my history, I'm thinking I might be able to just go on to a 5 cycle. My 5 has served me well. Might just get on a multiples of 5 cycle. So maybe I'll go for iPhone 10, and then iPhone 15, then iPhone 20, etc.

I had the very first iPhone before the iPhone 5. So I'm doing fine.

Of course I'm just having fun. But, who knows, it might work out that way. I've been known to be thrifty. I'll get every penny's worth of use (and then some) out of something before I replace it. Well... at least in material items.

Other things in life, I know when to cut my losses. Lol.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Prior to getting my 6s in 2015, I had one flip-phone for over 11 years.

Since my 6s is still on 9.0.2...it would be interesting just how long I could use it as-is. Thinking minimum of 4 years...my needs are simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny1990

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
I'm upgrading my 5S to an 8, but in recent days, my 5S has been freezing, I hope it can last until Dec./Jan. because that's a decent time frame when I'll be able to acquire an 8 due to all the pre-order madness.
Why don't you preorder one yourself? If you do it first thing in the morning, I'm sure you'll get one before December.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Why don't you preorder one yourself? If you do it first thing in the morning, I'm sure you'll get one before December.
I plan to pre-order, but you've read all the delays and issues of pre-orders? I just don't see myself attaining one until some time at the end of the year.
[doublepost=1495034246][/doublepost]
With my history, I'm thinking I might be able to just go on to a 5 cycle. My 5 has served me well. Might just get on a multiples of 5 cycle. So maybe I'll go for iPhone 10, and then iPhone 15, then iPhone 20, etc.

I had the very first iPhone before the iPhone 5. So I'm doing fine.

Of course I'm just having fun. But, who knows, it might work out that way. I've been known to be thrifty. I'll get every penny's worth of use (and then some) out of something before I replace it. Well... at least in material items.

Other things in life, I know when to cut my losses. Lol.
Do you believe in giving your future spouse carats? if so, how many is feasibly thrifty and acceptable?

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
I plan to pre-order, but you've read all the delays and issues of pre-orders? I just don't see myself attaining one until some time at the end of the year.
Do you believe in giving your future spouse carats? if so, how many is feasibly thrifty and acceptable?
It's the same story every year. If it launches in September as it always does, and you preorder within the first few hours, there's no way you shouldn't get one before the end of the year.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I will wait and see. My 5 is a backup secondary iPhone for my 6S. I really hope Apple will give it another year with iOS11. Unlike the A4/A5 which are gasping for air on their last supported iOS, the A6 is holding up pretty well on iOS10. Plus the 5 is compatible with Apple Watches, so if Apple dropped support for it, there will be users who have supported watches but unsupported phones.

Reactions: Peter K.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Hmmm.....

The question is.... what is the point when you're willing to waste the investment in carats and get rid of her.

That is the usual debate.

Reactions: Math889

Martin81

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
Germany
My 5S was build in October 2013 and I bought it brand new from Apple. It got in February 2017 a new battery for 39€ and I intend to keep it for some time.

konicky

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Probably will upgrade as my 5 has started to get a bit glitchy, mostly jumping back up the thread when using WhatsApp, without any input from me !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.