5 Democrats Bail Out Paul Ryan And Protect Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 13, 2018.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://news.yahoo.com/5-democrats-bail-paul-ryan-215624793.html
    other countries don't hate us for our "freedom"...............:(

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think the bigger problem is the underhandedness of slipping things like this into bills that don't serve the true purpose of the bill itself.

I mean, think about it: putting something in to protect a foreign nation, let alone condoning and all but continuing support for Saudi Arabia in what they are doing in Yemen, into a FARM BILL?

This is what McCain was talking about when he was referring to the pork in a bill. Unfortunately this would have repercussions with constituents of those Blues if not given a particular vote, especially since their districts could be affected by not having that bill altogether.

In short, the proverbial rock and hard place.

Let's not pretend that this has anything to do with farming let alone blaming Democrats, as we know who is good close friends with Saudi Arabia. Further, it even warrants even more of a look into those Reds who voted yes, despite the opposition they have to Yemen and what the Saudis rid in the murder of that journalist.

BL.

3. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Uhh....maybe this had to be slipped in because the leadership refused to have an actual vote on just the war itself?

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hence the aforementioned pork. It's underhanded.

BL.

5. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Totally, as long as we don't pretend that the complete refusal of Congress to do it's constitutional duty (I say screw the constitution, this is completely about a lack of basic human morality at this point) in regards to War is a new thing.