"5 reasons to reconsider your third-party vote"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 20, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

#3 is the reason we need a negative vote. The only problem I would have is whom to down vote: Clinton or Trump.:p:p:p

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You are guaranteed to have either Hillary or Trump as your president. They both have completely different platforms so one of them should be much worse the the other. Unless you live in a state where your vote doesn't mean anything, you should vote for either Hillary or Trump.

4. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Voting for someone you completely disagree with because the other choice is someone you completely disagree with only encourages 'your' party to keep selecting people you disagree with. Not voting for them might mean the other party wins. Quite a conundrum.

5. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

As a teacher, I had my students fill out the entire expanded survey on isidewith.com and based on that they had an idea of which candidate they agreed with ideologically. It makes sense that voting should be based on how you feel about the issues.

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I got Jill Stein. Hahaha, like I'm going to vote for her.

Maybe I'll expand each category and answer more questions when I have time.

That was fun and knowledgeable though. Thanks for posting the link :)

7. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

When you look at the two candidates carefully, one will always be more disagreeable then the other. :).
    --- Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016 ---
    The problem is that most people don't vote on the issues or vote only on just one hot button issue.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

9. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Yeah...I try to teach my kids to vote on the issues that are important to them though.

10. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Sure but are you ever going to get a good candidate from your party if all they need to present is a less worse one?