"5 reasons to reconsider your third-party vote"

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
http://theweek.com/articles/653522/5-reasons-reconsider-thirdparty-vote

It's good for a laugh, as it plays into every cliche and stereotype imaginable while ignoring fundamental rights...

#3 is a real hoot. Makes even more sense thanks to #s, in no order, 1 and 2.
You are guaranteed to have either Hillary or Trump as your president. They both have completely different platforms so one of them should be much worse the the other. Unless you live in a state where your vote doesn't mean anything, you should vote for either Hillary or Trump.

Reactions: tshrimp

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
You are guaranteed to have either Hillary or Trump as your president. They both have completely different platforms so one of them should be much worse the the other. Unless you live in a state where your vote doesn't mean anything, you should vote for either Hillary or Trump.
Voting for someone you completely disagree with because the other choice is someone you completely disagree with only encourages 'your' party to keep selecting people you disagree with. Not voting for them might mean the other party wins. Quite a conundrum.

Reactions: Snoopy4

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
As a teacher, I had my students fill out the entire expanded survey on isidewith.com and based on that they had an idea of which candidate they agreed with ideologically. It makes sense that voting should be based on how you feel about the issues.
I got Jill Stein. Hahaha, like I'm going to vote for her.

Maybe I'll expand each category and answer more questions when I have time.

That was fun and knowledgeable though. Thanks for posting the link :)

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Voting for someone you completely disagree with because the other choice is someone you completely disagree with only encourages 'your' party to keep selecting people you disagree with. Not voting for them might mean the other party wins. Quite a conundrum.
When you look at the two candidates carefully, one will always be more disagreeable then the other. :).
[doublepost=1476985247][/doublepost]
As a teacher, I had my students fill out the entire expanded survey on isidewith.com and based on that they had an idea of which candidate they agreed with ideologically. It makes sense that voting should be based on how you feel about the issues.
The problem is that most people don't vote on the issues or vote only on just one hot button issue.