5 shot, 3 dead in Maryland shooting - gunman at large

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Sad news. If confirmed, just another incident of a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting... well, you get the idea.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Sad news. If confirmed, just another incident of a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting preceded by a mass shooting... well, you get the idea.
At this rate we can never talk about guns. A fresh shooting every day.
[doublepost=1508341666][/doublepost]
Not a single good guy with a gun could stop this? GTFO of here?
Good guys with guns can only legally engage when it’s their lives being threatened. What happens across the street, stays across the street. We are not a bunch of vigilantes.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Apparently the suspect was driving a vehicle with Delaware plates.
For all we know it could be justified shooting. Proud Merican ex coal miner coming up on some ISIS sympathizing illegal immigrants from Puerto Rico trying to buy a gay cake with welfare money.

We should wait for all the facts to be in, this isn’t some Klan/Nazi rally we can immediately take sides with. I say we wait till 3AM when the truth will be revealed to us by our fearless leader.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
For all we know it could be justified shooting. Proud Merican ex coal miner coming up on some ISIS sympathizing illegal immigrants from Puerto Rico trying to buy a gay cake with welfare money.
You left out opioids.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Not a single good guy with a gun could stop this? GTFO of here?
It's Maryland so...
They are a "May issue" state with a "good and substantial reason" before a permit is issued. Basically permits to carry are rarely issued.
It's one of the reasons why the D.C. concealed carry loss in federal court is not being appealed to SCOTUS.
If they lose in SCOTUS, like they did in federal court, all other states with "May issue" laws will have to become "Shall issue".

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
Why is this even news anymore?
It's sad that we've come to this point, but yeah. There was a time when I could remember the mass shootings I'd heard about. Now I've forgotten most of them; there are too many to keep track of.

Oh well. Cue the 75-page gun debate thread. Have fun, guys. I hope the arguments are the same as they always are!

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
It's sad that we've come to this point, but yeah. There was a time when I could remember the mass shootings I'd heard about. Now I've forgotten most of them; there are too many to keep track of.

Oh well. Cue the 75-page gun debate thread. Have fun, guys. I hope the arguments are the same as they always are!
They will be. My fingers are tired........please refer to past mass shooting threads, just substitute time and place of shooting. Rest stays the same. Outa here............:(
[doublepost=1508343221][/doublepost]
Annnnnd it’s politicized
Oh...very aprapos avi pic by the way. Right hand twist I see.

Last edited:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
James Bond. With a gun!!!! Omg you’re all in danger. Take cover!
Only in danger if you have a hot girlfriend or live on a mysterious island inside a volcano with sharks with lasers and a tractor beam that the CIA and MI6 are after.

Reactions: TonyC28

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Nearly 40 years ago, I took two years of French in high school, and I still remember this phrase that seems appropriate whenever a gun thread pops up ...

"Ça ne fait rien."

We're Americans. We shoot each other. That's just the way it is.

Reactions: 0098386

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Now that there's a photo and name of the suspect, does anyone care to wager over/under on pages for this thread? I'm guessing the usual suspects no longer care and probably no more than 2 pages.
Im guessing in 5 minutes a tweet from Trump about the dude being muslim.