5 to 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iJcaP, Sep 25, 2013.

1. iJcaP macrumors 6502

Anybody went from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 5c?
    Thoughts on the transition?

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

With the 5C I imagine you get a little bit better battery life, and it feels different in your hand. That's probably all you will feel going from a 5 to 5C.

They both have the same internals.

3. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

Unless you're looking at getting the 5C because it's colorful... the 5 and 5C are pretty much identical hardware.

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Why would you do that ? The 5c is the same as the 5, but iphone 5 is looking nicer :D

5. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Sad that the iPhone 5 is not sold anywhere anymore... Even the 4S is still being sold.

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My mom and sister just both bought a white 5 last week at Verizon.

Are they all gone already?

7. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I bought an iPhone 5 at ...... Walmart ...... 2 days ago, for $79!
    Build date was August 2013. :D

You can find them on clearance if you shop around..

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If that's without a two-year contract, I would be interested. :p

9. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

That was with a two year contract

10. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

I might. I like the colour and ruggedness of the 5c compared to the slate 5. Also apparently the battery is better.

11. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

That seems like a silly thing to do, considering the price you'd have to pay for one out of contract.

You're better off waiting another 12 months and just hope that the 5s hardware gets a candyshell version.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If I had a 5, I wouldn't get a 5C. There is not enough of a difference to warrant doing that.

13. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

If money isn't an issue, then get one. I had a 5 and traded it here for an HTC One to see if its really good. It is, but I'm so vested in Apple that I needed to come back. I did miss it so much that I bought another 5, but for my wife who never uses her phone. So I kind of bought it for myself, but part time. I started to use it more than the HTC so I sold the HTC on swappa. I didn't want the 5s because I felt the only upgrade was touch iD. Not what I expected from the 5 2.0. I decided to go with the 5c in white and pay full price for it. I love this version. It's not what people are profiling it to be. It's fun, brash (in your face) and confy. Classic in reference to the 3G style but rather thicker in hand. It has a slightly better battery and a better front facing camera. I skype a lot to my brother overseas and that's nice to have. the only downfall In my experience with the phone, is having to unwillingly defend my purchase. I say live and let live and give them a chance to hold it and let them compare the 5s to my 5c and let them say what they have to and get it out. then the compliments come out. It's really a great version of the iPhone family. It's a great sidekick. Lol. Always there to have your back and occasionally try to out shine you.

14. truettray macrumors 6502

truettray

My iP5's speaker just stopped working in December (occasionally would cut in and out and sounded distorted when it did) and the Apple Store 'Geniuses' couldn't figure it out, and just sent me packing. Anyone in my area who would offer to fix it wanted a ton, so the plan has been to buy another 5 when the 5S came out. My local Walmart was already sold out though, so I went ahead and got the 5C. I think it's awesome! The battery life is marginally improved, and overall still feels like a quality product. It'll last me till the 6 (8th gen) comes out.

15. Spacial macrumors 6502

Congratulations that was a very smart move. :)

16. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is opinion. . . IMO the 5c looks and feels better then both the 5 and 5s