Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
I'm at the Edit Avatar page but there is no option for me to select an Avatar, it only has one option "Do not use avatar" and it won't let me unselect it. Do I have to wait a while?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Takes a little while to update from the server

Patience

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Try to log out and back in, or just wait a few hours.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

KD7IWP said:
Thanks, I'm very giddy about this, I've waited a few years.

I know how you feel its 2 yrs + and havent hit 500, oh well congrats tho! btw when u hit 500 post did a divine light shine down on your from the sky?

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
It's a very warm light, like standing out in the sun on a cold windy day :) I think it went now. Naw, my Avatar isn't too special, but I've been waiting for years as I slowly build up posts. I signed up on MR right before I got my first Mac, so I never posted much since I couldn't help people much. But now that I am called the Mac Evangelist at school, I have become a bit more helpful. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with lots of problems and provided so many insights!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
You can click on his profile to see his avatar now. It's been uploaded, but now he unfortunately has to wait for the servers to sync up for it to show next to his posts. Part of the growing pains for the site...

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Not a bad looking 'tar after all! :)

Congrats again... and now go show it off in the forums by posting all of your wit and wisdom!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
I looked forward to getting an avatar so I could skim topics and find my own posts.
It has been useful. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.