5C/5S - Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue, WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Krevnik, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Starting up a thread for those folks looking to grab a device from Bellevue Square at launch this year.

Feel free to add information from the Apple Store reps about the line up policies this year. I'm going to ask them about it this weekend, but if you beat me to it, go for it.

And yes, I will be in line... just not at the front. :)

2. minik macrumors 65816

3. Krevnik thread starter macrumors 68040

Krevnik

After talking with the staff at the store this weekend, they didn't have the details locked down, but the expectation is that things will be run the same as last year.

The line forming outside of Nordstrom on the north side before 6am, with the line being moved inside the mall at 6am. Then another 2 hour wait before they start moving the line through the store.

4. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

This could be a great location to line up at since the entire line up is pretty much covered. What was it like in the past?

5. Krevnik thread starter macrumors 68040

Krevnik

It was that way for the iPhone 5, which was the only iPhone I've actually been in line for. So I'm not sure exactly how the lines worked for previous models earlier than that.

6. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

I would be curious to know which of all the stores have the highest stock levels. I'm looking to pick up 1 gold 64GB and 1 space grey 32GB.

7. Krevnik thread starter macrumors 68040

Krevnik

The problem with trying to do that is that those stores are expected to have longer lines. And the demand at each store will vary a little bit from expectations, which makes it really hard to predict how things will turn out, and when each model will sell out.

In the end, I think the best bet is to just go to the one closest to you (the time saved driving can be used waiting in line if you want), and take your chances.

But from last year, it wasn't too bad, although certain models (the 64GB on Verizon in particular) got a bit of a crunch pretty early.

8. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

The stores will all be the same distance for me actually. I'm trying to decide between Bellevue Square and University Village. I think University Village might be better, with direct car access. It's going to be a beautiful night regardless.

9. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Ahh, I can't decide between uvillage and bsq. Bsq is just a 2 minute driv for me, as I'm in downtown Bellevue. But uv seems like it would just be easier since it's all outdoors anyway. I went to the apple store in bsq yesterday and asked a guy, he said that what he had been told was that security would allow people to line up outside the nordstrom shoe dept and then people would be able to come inside at 6am. I'm not sure which shoe dept tho, as all of wmns is on the south side and men's is on the north side. It would also make more sense for people to start the line on the second floor of the garage since the apple store is on the second floor.

10. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Was there an hour ago, about 10-15 people in line. Line is outside nordstrom next to the women's/salon/bp shoes dept doors.

11. Krevnik thread starter macrumors 68040

Krevnik

About 150 people in line now. A fair bit more than last year.

12. minik macrumors 65816

I have been to every single iPhone launch at this location, except the iPhone 3GS, it's by far the worst one yet.

I was #102 in the line and couldn't get any T-mobile phone. 2/3 of the people demanded for an unlocked phone and later they attempted to switch.

When things ran out, I walked to the T-mobile store and ordered the 32GB silver model.

13. penniless macrumors newbie

Just curious... Who got a phone? What specs?

Any pictures of the event at Bellevue Square?

14. Krevnik thread starter macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I got a 64GB Verizon, although supplies were definitely not up to normal this time around. I'm not sure why they didn't have any T-Mobile devices at all. And they ran out of white very quickly.