5c - am I the only one happy to have ordered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lynn5707, Sep 13, 2013.

1. lynn5707 macrumors member

Hi,
    I currently have iPhone 4, ordered 5c this AM, 32gb. I am pretty excited about getting a new phone. I have thought about 5s, but am not sure I really care about the fingerprint and camera. My husband is a photographer, so my pics are usually for FB.

I realize the 5c is basically the 5, and like I said, I am excited, but after reading all these posts, will I be disappointed going from 4 - 5c? Should I cancel and get 5s 32gb?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its up to you, the 5S is superior internally, while the 5C has some nice color choices.

Personally, if I was on a 4, I'd get the iPhone 5s, but the 5c is a good phone and a good upgrade on its own.

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

If you are doubting yourself maybe you should get the 5s. You should definitely feel a huge difference going with the 5c. Coming from a 4, youll be shocked!. It's the same as the 5 and the 5 is a fast beast. I think you'll be alright with either the 5c or 5s.

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I've ordered a 5C and I have a 5 just now. I like the format of the 5C better than the 5/5S. It's more Apple some how and the not as fragile - my 5 dents if you touch it against something so it needs care and you have to stick it in a case if you want to keep it looking remotely decent.

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

If you still have a 4, this is a huge upgrade for you. You'll be happy.

6. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I really think that the 5C is a good solid product and I think that it bridges a gap in the market very well...As I said in a post in another thread, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if I got handed one.

I've skipped the upgrade this time, and I'm staying with my 5...my Fiancee has a 4S that we will look at next week after IOS7 is released. If it proves to be as slow as some here are reporting, then she will probably get a 5C.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It is a good one now, but the phone's internals is based off of last years components - that's my only concern. When you're locked into a 2 year commitment, by the end of the 2nd year it may be a bit long in the tooth.

As I mentioned if it were me, I'd get the 5s, just because of the A7. I have an iPhone 5, so for me there's no reason to upgrade and I'm in mid contract anyways - I need to wait until next year to enjoy the subsidized pricing

8. lynn5707 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the kind responses. :)

As far as upgrade to 5s, my husband's iphone is the 3g. He will get my iphone4, as he could care less about even having any type of smart phone. He was happy with his old flip phone! Anyway, if my iphone4 doesn't work, I thought down the road would then give him 5c, and I could always upgrade again to 5s, or 6, whichever happens to be available at the time, and use his upgrade.

I am curious, if I did decide to cancel my 5c which I ordered from Apple, would my upgrade with AT&T be goofed up? Does anyone know?

9. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Yeah, I forget about the way it works back home, and the fact that you guy's are pretty much contract based...My phones are sim free...any network will accept them. BTW...I kind of caved in and put my 5 up for sale based on the performance that others are getting with the 4S I think my Fiancee is going to need a new one, and the 5C seems logical...means I get the 5S too..:D

10. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

If you find you do not like the 5C you can always return it and get the 5S.

Give it a shot!:D

11. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

5C is a worthwhile upgrade from the 4 in terms of specs, and may be for you if you like the appearance of it and aren't worried about not having the latest tech.

If you are having doubts though, you could cancel and take a look at both in the store. Although you can return, I believe it is easier having bought from the store as opposed to online.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

serious question. What gap does it bridge? It is by no means a cheap phone filling a void for iphone users. Bridging the gap would have been cheaper off contract IMO. That is the hole apple needs to fill.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Going from a 4 to a 5 is a nice big jump in it of itself. So be excited. Who cares if no one else is excited.

14. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I have the 4 and I will be getting a 5c in november when my contract is up, don't listen to anyone saying it's not a big upgrade as it clearly is.

15. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

The 5c is an upgrade from the iPhone 4 which was released in June 2010. I agree with you there, but then again it should be. I feel like iOS7 GM slows down my iPhone 5 (compared to iOS6) so in year 1 the phone will probably be fine. If you sign a 2 year contract at $2,000 plus I would worry about the speed when iOS8 is released.

16. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Please please please, everyone that is on the fence, get the 5C!!!

I need the 5S stock to be nice and plentiful.

;)

17. Dented macrumors 6502a

I went from 4S to 5 quite recently (no regrets) and was very pleased with the speed increase, so coming from a 4 you should be doubly happy. If you like the style of the 5C then go for it.

The 5S is hot now in speed terms but next year something else will take its place and it'll be "last years phone" just like the 5C. Given that people are still happily using 3GS's right now (albeit without the imminent ios7) it's not like the 5C will be obsolete any time soon.

18. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

For the difference in price I cant imagine buying a 5c. Its just not worth it.

19. trido macrumors newbie

trido

We did also my son ordered the Blue.
    One odd thing this year apple wont allow phone to be shipped to work.
    Must now ship to the billing address for our ATT account?
    If anyone ordered a iphone 5c thats on ATT and it shipped to a dif address let us know how.
    Thanks

QUOTE=Dlanod;17890061]I've ordered a 5C and I have a 5 just now. I like the format of the 5C better than the 5/5S. It's more Apple some how and the not as fragile - my 5 dents if you touch it against something so it needs care and you have to stick it in a case if you want to keep it looking remotely decent.[/QUOTE]

20. JaySoul macrumors 68030

JaySoul

The 5 is a great phone, and I actually think the 5C colours/casing are awesome.

So you SHOULD be happy, OP!

21. 0000757 macrumors 68040

By going from a 4 to a 5C you are gaining:

-A larger screen
    -A much more (in my opinion) solid housing
    -4G LTE
    -An immensely better camera
    -Larger battery and longer battery life
    -Support for features like Siri and Navigation
    -An extremely faster phone (From a single core A4 with only 512MB of RAM to a dual core A6 with 1GB of RAM)

I'd say it's EXTREMELY worth it.

22. jeff92k7 macrumors member

I'm just the opposite, for the difference in price, I can't justify spending the money on a 5s. A fingerprint sensor and slightly better camera? Not enough to justify the price jump.

To those who are saying to avoid the 5c because it's last year's tech and you don't want to be tied into a two-year contract... I have an iPhone4. That's three year old technology now. It has served me just fine. Getting a 5c and going two years with it will be no different than I am with my current iPhone4.

I'm excited about the 5c. I was going to just get a 5 when they lowered the prices, but sine they replaced it with the 5c, that's what I'll get.

I like the idea of the 5c. I won't go for the goofy colors, but I like the idea of having the plastic back. Most people put their iPhones in cases to protect them anyway. If I have a "built in case" as others have commented, then that saves me even more money. Plus I'll have a better front camera and bigger battery than I would have if they had just discounted the 5.

23. kalexn macrumors 6502

the 5c is a big upgrade from the 4, so you will definitely notice an upgrade. It is more like the 5, and I absolutely love my 5. I think you will be happy!

24. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

YES YES YES.

I think you must be very stupid to buy a last year specced phone with such a high price. Do yourself a favour and cancel your order and wait at least for the 5s or note 3 or lg g2 or something worth spending 550 or a 2 year contract.

Really just cancel it.

25. Marooned macrumors newbie

I got up at 2 to order for my mom and wife. They will be happy, but I'm waiting for the 5s next Friday. I'm not waiting in line though as I have to work, but I'll definitely be dragging ass that Friday from getting up at 2:00 am. It will be worth it when I receive the phone. I took today off which I possibly might do next Friday too.