5C - Anyone else think the front should be white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyRumors, Sep 10, 2013.

1. MyRumors macrumors member

Hi,

what struck me with the 5C is the the front should be white and not black...
    I think the OS and colors go a lot better with white than black.
    What do you think ?

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

That's what they did with the iPod touch. On the phones it's different for some reason. It's like they can't make up their mind.

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I think white mixed with a bright color wouldn't appeal to as big of an audience as black mixed with a bright color. More people choose black iPhones over white iPhones, hence using a black front.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I don't like the white front (except if it has a white back) since the black holes for the proximity sensor and front facing camera become eyesores. Plus when watching videos a black bezel is much easier on the eyes.

5. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

Yes!!!! Color and white go together. It does look cheap with black though. Tis the look they wanted

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Again as I said earlier, black iPhones sell more than white iPhones.

Therefore, they automatically chose black because people prefer black over white, so they assumed black front 5C's would be more desired. Makes sense.

7. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I think that the white face would look much better.

8. kellphone macrumors newbie

I've just been wondering if the front panel part of the 5c is the same as a 5 and whether that means you could get it "replaced" with a white one..

Anybody know if the part is identical?

9. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

I like the white. But this is completely valid from a design perspective, of having a clean consistent design.

10. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

Of course there should have been a white face. But then what would they release next year?:p

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I could care less. it's not my choice to make so I don't waste any time on it. There are far greater things in life to do...

Bryan

12. MA-86 macrumors member

White would look cheap and toyish just like on the ipods. Black looks sharp and stylish.

13. terzinator macrumors 6502

seems like there should be a choice like on the rest of the iPhones? Why no choice? I mean, people like to have a choice.

(agreed, though... I think white would look better with the colors they chose... Pink and black? What is that? Come on.)

14. DerfBWH macrumors regular

Yeah, absolutely agree. I've talked to a bunch of people who were planning on getting new iPhones next week flat out refuse to by the 5c because the black front with the colored body is "ugly".

15. krisatwerk macrumors newbie

Maybe it's just that black/color = iPhone and white/color = iPod? Makes it easier to distinguish.