5c buyers - any men buying and what colour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Play442, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Play442 macrumors newbie

I'm interested in getting one - but think they will be mainly purchased by girls?

2. karboN.6 macrumors regular

Men/40+/USA/BuyingIphone?

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Only the Blue, Green, and Yellow models are purchased by females.

Real men purchase the White and Pink models.

4. karboN.6 macrumors regular

I agree im getting pink, i think he should get pink too.

[​IMG]

5. Aneres11 macrumors 6502a

Pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Why would only girls be buying them. Coz they're brightly coloured?! Come on.

I'm a guy, and I can't decide between blue, yellow and white.
    I like the simplicity of the c. I also prefer how it looks to the S as I really don't like the dual colours. The mix of metal and glass just doesn't really do it for me. :eek:

6. macsmurray macrumors member

Please please please someone photoshop Jony Ive's head onto this photo!

7. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Im a guy and I ordered the white one. My fiancée is getting the blue one. Reason is I just don't like the looks of the iPhone 5. I think it's fast but didn't like it so I've been on my 4 and 4S for the past year... I like the 5c.

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

9. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

I will be sticking with the flagship models as, like most on here, I'm interested in the latest tech.

If I were to pick a C model though, I'm intrigued by the Green.

Totally out of character for me, but it catches the eye.

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I'm debating on the blue one. Been going back and forth on that and the 5S since I first saw it.

That said I'd buy anyone except the white, yellow, pink or green.

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Do you think that because someone buys the 5C they aren't "interested" in the latest tech? It doesn't mean that at all. I'm very interested in the latest tech, but it doesn't mean I have to buy the 5S. Hell I had an iPhone 5 on launch day and I hated it. I personally thought it was Apples worst designed phone. As far as the 5S goes I'm intrigued by the hardware, but not by the look. I do not like the look of the iPhone 5 series ... Is it my opinion? Yes, but I do know a lot of people agree with me and a lot disagree as well. I live and breathe Apple, but to say that you have to have a "flagship" device to be interested in the latest "tech" is beyond incorrect. Ill have my 5C and be damn proud of it being non flagship... Lol.

12. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Surprised anyone was offended by my comment. The 5C clearly isn't the latest tech Apple offers.

It caters for a different and very valuable market. I'm sure some of my extended family will buy one and that's perfectly cool with me. It just isn't my preference.

13. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

If I was to get a 5C the only colour I would get would be white.
    9I know white is technically not a colour but still that's the one I'd get)

14. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Honestly, I did misinterpret what you were saying. It's not that it was offensive I was just saying just because I'm going to get the 5c doesn't mean I'm not interested Inthe latest tech. I am, but I just don't like the design of the 5/5S for some reason... I just don't... I probably came off as a bit of a prick didn't mean to lol

15. Spacial macrumors 6502

Initially where I work there was lots of interest in the concept of colored iPhones. But leaving out red was a huge mistake. With the remaining colors leaning towards the female buyer many men have decided to try something fresh and new.

It's the first time I've known so many switch to Android. Google just got handed a gift from Apple.

----------

True, but I think it's a great phone. If they offered men's colors I'd buy one.

16. Jsketch macrumors member

I would probably get the white because I am boring

17. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

So why did you have such a boner for it that you bought it on launch day if you dislike the look so much. I think you are complaining just to complain because you make no sense.

18. buysp macrumors 6502

19. saintsfan1970 macrumors member

saintsfan1970

"man" colors

We are in 2013 right? I guess where I live people are more liberal and don't put so much thought into whether a color is for men or women.

If you like the 5c then get it!! Who cares what other people think of the color of your phone as long as you are happy with it! :D

20. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

You're welcome.

[​IMG]
    *and gradients.

21. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Oh I'm sorry ... I have to tell my whole story step by step so I can make "sense." I did like the iPhone 5 at first, but after I had it for a while I disliked it more and more and realized I liked the 4/4S design better... Maybe you haven't read everything, but I'm not complaining about anything. I'm stating an opinion, but not complaining.

----------

Lol funny...

22. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

I got yellow but honestly the pink phone with a black cover looked somewhat decent in the Apple web photos I saw. White is a good choice as well but I liked the yellow iOS home theme better.

23. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

24. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Exactly... Thank you. It really don't matter at all. All of my iPhones have been white except one ... Even though people would say that's the women's color... How? Exactly?

25. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I honestly would not be surprised if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson cried racism because there is a white model but no black model.