5c glass loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lauzzy, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Lauzzy macrumors newbie

I got a green 5c on launch day and only just now i noted the glass seems SLIGHTLY loose on the right hand side. It doesn't seem to have affected the functionality of the phone, but if i press the right hand of the screen i can feel it moving up/down and it sort of clicks. I was debating taking it back to the apple store on my day off to ask them and maybe get a replacement, because its kind of annoying.

I know the 5c is more cheaply made but I wasn't expecting to have this sort of problem 3 days into owning the device...

any thoughts?

2. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Take it back and get it replaced. It's still under warranty.

3. Lauzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, probably best. It just seems like such a nitpicky problem, considering it doesnt affect the functionality of the phone. If I hadn't noticed it it would be perfect but now I've noticed it i cant stop thinking about it! Annoying!

4. Lammercy macrumors regular

Has nothing to do with "cheapness" even 5S owners have been complaining about loose screens. Take it back and get a replacement there's no reason you shouldn't be fully satisfied!

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

take it back, there should be a ton left for you to exchange with.

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Loose/unseated screen is not nit picky. Exchange.

7. Baal macrumors member

Had exactly the same issue on my 5S and the Apple store staff were passing it round with looks of horror!
    They swapped it immediately and the manager gave me a free case-that's service!

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Why would this require a post? It's of course not supposed to be loose. :confused:

9. Baal macrumors member

Perhaps because this is a forum?

10. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

My arm is chopped off and bleeding, what should I do? My new car only starts on Sundays, what should I do?

Take a tack hammer and fix it yourself. :rolleyes:

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Avoid macrumors posts that ask for advice ;)

12. Baal macrumors member

This is an iPhone forum-mutilation and motor vehicle issues are surely considered to be off-topic?

13. bumblehat macrumors regular

Happened on my straight-out-of-the-box iPhone 5. It's a problem because there's give between the LCD and the glass, so dust and such can get in. Replace it immediately.

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Only if the solution is extremely obvious.;)

15. Lauzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to the person who posted a link to that other thread, im glad to see that I'm not the only one who had this problem. It did seem slightly nitpicky to me as the phone works absolutely fine.

Thanks for all the advice anyway. You guys are a lot more helpful than the apple support community! :)

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

it doesn't seem like it affects anything but who is to say that it won't later. like it might allow dust or liquid into the display.

take it back. Apple actually encourages returns for any defect or possible defect right now. take everything with you because they often just swap you full retail package for full package at this point.

17. Lauzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I did this with my iphone 4 which had an overheating problem and they replaced the entire thing, it was really efficient actually, go apple!

I did speak to one of the apple guys in the chat on the support website and they suggested that it would need to go to the genius bar.. even though I told them the phone is 4 days old and within the 2 week return date :/ odd.

Thursday cant come quick enough! I am half debating, if they have ANY in stock whether to pay the extra and get the 5s

18. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

it's not odd at all. they want you to go to the bar even though they are swapping it retail so they can get notes on what the issue was for failure testing. and those are tagged to the serial number in their warranty system. but only the managers and bar staff have passwords into that system.

19. Lauzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh i think I thought it was odd because when I got my iphone replaced I just walked into apple and they replaced it, it didnt have to go to the genius bar!

20. Lauzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

just a small update, it popped out again today, now has gone back again tonight. So this is happening frequently.
    Surely apple will have to replace this handest as its within the first 14 days right?

My main fear is that itll be popped back in when I go to the apple store tomorrow! When its in, it seems like nothing is wrong with it!