5c - I really like the look!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aneres11, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Aneres11 macrumors 68000

Aneres11

Apologies if this thread is unnecessary but thought I'd post some feelings towards the 5c.

I currently have a 5, and when the c was announced I felt a little underwhelmed. I've continued to feel that way about it since just now, when I finally watched the 'launch video', if you will, on the Apple website.

I have to say, the phone looks really nice! The vid showing the process of how the phone is made, the different colours and how iOS7 can match your chosen exterior choice is pretty damn great! It kinda sets it apart and lets you be more individual than you could be with just a coloured case etc.

I even found myself wondering what colour I'd choose, and only managed to narrow it down to blue, white or yellow!

I'm currently planning on buying a 5s in white and gold to replace my black 5, which I have to say I tired of quickly aesthetic wise. I also didn't appreciate all of the small chips the handset quickly gathered despite my being careful!
    I almost like the simplicity of the 5c, the fact it's made of a high gloss plastic that is just one piece all the way round. I almost favour it to the bordered look of the 5 / 5s.

It's left me in a slight predicament as to what to do now to be honest! From being quite single minded and focused solely on the more premium handset I kinda dismissed the c a little too quickly, but feel that may have been foolish.

I still stand by the fact the 5c is a little too overpriced, only when compared to the 5s which is being billed as their premium model. There's too little a difference money wise for the pricing of the c to sit comfortably with me!

That aside, I really like it! Anyone else enjoying the 5c / ordered one / looking forward to taking delivery of theirs?! Anyone done what I have and started to like it?! Be interesting to hear your comments!

2. lynn5707, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

lynn5707 macrumors member

I was pretty excited this AM when I ordered blue 32gb, but after reading here canceled and am going to wait and see them in store. I have 4, so either way it's an upgrade for me! So I will get one of them, just want to see for myself.

BTW, this is a tough crowd.

Update. Sticking with original order. :)

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Apples marketing at its best. They're second to none.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I ordered a green 5C 32GB. Coming from 4S is plenty spec bump for me. I'm looking forward to not coddling the 5C as much as I have the 4S with its glass back, even though I still like the thing and it has somehow survived living here.

I'm getting a couple cases for the 5C just to be able to switch up now and then, but also will like just having that bright greenness in hand sometimes. Here in the mountains we just about kiss the sun goodbye for a month and a half starting mid-November.

Anyway I can hardly wait for next Friday! I didn't think I'd be this revved up, but I am. My upgrade order went in like silk; that helped.

5. Aneres11 thread starter macrumors 68000

Aneres11

Ha Lynn - I'd guessed that.

And of course their marketing is great. That's what they do best.
    But this is more to do with my immediate rejection of anything other than the 'next best' which is why when I took the time to look at the 5c properly, I realised it would be a pretty nice phone to own!
    Purely for the reasons stated. And as a personal preference.

I like the coloured backs a lot!

6. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Your mistake was to watch the video. There's no room for rationality during those jaw-dropping shots and renders.

7. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

the yellow/black is nice.

of course i haven't physically seen a 5c yet, but i cant imagine it being a "wow" phone. as in, people won't stare when you take it out of your pocket; like they might with an htc one.

its just "nice".

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Or with an iPhone 5. ;)

I have a black iPhone 5 because black is the color I like/prefer in my smartphones. But I recently got my wife the white iPhone 5 because that's the color SHE wanted.

I have to say that while white is not my preference, my wife's iPhone 5 is damn gorgeous looking (and metal too!).

No offense, OP, be happy with your choice. It just all comes down to personal preference. What's important is what YOU like and not what all of us here think.

9. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I have to say that the 5c's look way better than I imagined. Of course I'll never get one being the phone snob that I am, but they do look great. Honestly first plastic phone I ever thought looked classy. Maybe the 6c if it comes out next year.

10. atlatnesiti Suspended

"5c - I really like the look!"

Good on yea mate, all you have to do now is buy it and make Apple happy as well ;)

11. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

I really like the look of the 5c. And I think the colored cases look really nice. I don't mind the plastic, even though I think the build quality and fit and Finnish of the iPhone 5 is beautiful.

I do really like the all glass back of the 4 and 4s too.

But I would never get the 5c because of the fact that the chip would be older than the 5s. And the lack of the fingerprint scanner and other enhancements of the 5s.

I guess what I am saying I wouldn't mind the plastic of the 5c, if it had the advancments of the 5s. I'm not necesserally saying I think apple should have made the 5c the same as the 5s except for the plastic casing. It's just how I feel.

I was disappointed the 5s didn't come in black/slate though. Especially if they somehow perfected the anodizing process. I still marvel at my black/slate iPhone 5.

12. amirite macrumors 6502a

I agree. I like the look of the 5c (especially how well the design works with iOS7), but the 5s is only £80 extra and has better hardware.

I guess I'll check them out in the Apple store next week and decide. Although I'm currently on a 4 so I suppose either would be a big upgrade.

Does anyone think Apple could drop the price of the c like they did with the original iPhone?

13. Kurso macrumors 6502

I don't like the look, but I'm going to buy one for my father. Stuff like a FP sensor will just frustrate him I'm sure.

14. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I love the look too, as it's seamless and doesn't have the ugly (imo) two toned design of the 5/5s. I pre ordered a 32gb in white :).

15. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

That video really did a number on you, didn't it! You are a marketers dream!

16. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I like the 5C. If I had to buy a new iPhone, I'd buy a white 5C over the 5S.

Reasons: plastic more damage resistant than aluminum, $100 less, I don't like the 5S colors as much because Apple discontinued slate/black.

17. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Can't wait to see the drop tests on the 5c.

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Can't deny that Apple knows how to make a damn good video!

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

"unapologetic plastic"
    :apple: really knows how to sell you something that it costs them less and charge more and one is willing to pay for it.

20. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

If its made like the nokia lumia phones, then it will be nice, the material is really strong.

21. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

I like it too....who cares what other people say.

22. musika macrumors 65816

musika

That is the spirit! :D

23. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I love the blue iPhone 5c. But I just wish the entire phone would've been blue and not just the back of it.

24. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I paid $649 for my iPhone 5, so $549 for essentially the same internal hardware sounds like a good deal to me.

I don't care if the plastic is "cheap". Better to have a tough exterior rather than the brittle glass of the 4/4S, or the dents and scuffs of the iPhone 5.

25. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

ehh, I was quoting Ive not myself...

I do disagree and think the glass is stronger than the plastic ones, but we shall see