5c poor signal with AT&T vs. 4s - options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmyworld, Sep 29, 2013.

1. macmyworld macrumors regular

macmyworld

My wife had a 4s which worked fine in our house with AT&T. Her new 5c isn't close, it drops calls all the time and shows little signal strength.

We live in a bad cell area in a Minneapolis. I have a Verizon iphone 5 and need to use their network extended which doesn't support LTE (so I have to manually switch it back and forth)

Considering switching her to Verizon, no idea how hard that will be at the Apple store. Anyone else having issues with the 5c?

Thanks

2. Mikesus macrumors 6502

So one phone makes all 5c's bad? Maybe its that phone thats bad? Maybe the case is blocking the signal? There are a lot of factors that could be in play.

Before you throw the baby out with the bath water, you might try replacing THAT phone.

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The only issue I had was my speaker going in and out. I took it to Apple and got it switched out. Call quality is much better then it was on my 4s. I'd say you should go to Apple and get it looked out they may just give you another one

4. macmyworld thread starter macrumors regular

macmyworld

I'm not complaining about the phone. Just trying to see if others are experiencing similar issues before running back to the store. As I said, my neighborhood is in a bad cell area, so it always has been challenging here.

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Each iPhone has gotten better reception than the last one for me, the 5c included - and this one blows away my 4S. While I won't say I routinely dropped to "no signal" on the 4S, it happened frequently enough to annoy me, and hasn't one single time on the 5c. I always have at least very good 4G if not decent to great LTE.

6. macmyworld thread starter macrumors regular

macmyworld

My wife picked up a second iPhone 5c and it had the same reception issues as the first. So she called AT&T. They said they are having issues with the 5c and reception. Again, her old 4s was fine.

So she returned to the Apple store and switched to Verizon.

She likes the 5c, just bummed it doesn't work as well with AT&T as the old 4s.