5C return to online store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thewhitetower, Sep 27, 2013.

1. thewhitetower macrumors member

thewhitetower

Hi all,

I purchased an iPhone 5C (sealed and unopened) yesterday for my partner as a suprise present from one of our classifieds sites here in Oz...all good except the colour white was not her preference!!:eek:

There was no receipt given by the seller however I sighted it and all stacked up (he didn't want to pass on the receipt as he required it for tax purposes etc) The iP5C was purchased from the Apple Online store

Now, I can't return to the seller but am wanting to know whether I have a chance in returning it back to the Online store given that's its within 14 days...and choosing the colour that she wants (Blue!)

Given that the iP5C is a week old today it is evident that it's within the 14 day return cycle...

I'm sure that Apple have the details of the original buyer given that the serial is scanned...

Anyone have any experience with a case similar to this?

I'd be interested in knowing whether I have a hope...if not..then I'd have to on-sell and buy the preferred colour...

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I suggest you take it to an Apple Store if possible. Something tells me though that without a receipt, they are probably not under any obligation to do anything, and I doubt they will be able to replace it online, using a different account to the one that ordered it.

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

You might get lucky in store swapping it if the phone box is sealed, otherwise you are stuck with your white 5C.

4. thewhitetower thread starter macrumors member

thewhitetower

Thanks for the replies...I reckon I'm done...seal was broken as the wife still wanted a sticky beak:D

Reckon I'm stuck with it and need to list for sale...dang!

5. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I'd still try to return it. At least in the States there's no requirement that the phone can't be opened to return it. Couldn't the original purchaser at least give you a photocopy or scan of the original receipt?