5C same experience as 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAVIDUGLY, Oct 4, 2013.

1. DAVIDUGLY macrumors member

DAVIDUGLY

Have both the 5C and 5S...
    Same thing guys.
    After one week with both phones, in my view it comes down to:
    Do you like awesome colors with a grippy case...
    Or the old 5 style with a less grippy but nice leather-looking case.
    Otherwise, same experience.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Minus the fingerprint sensor, faster processor, better camera, you are correct.

3. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Personally the fingerprint sensor held little appeal for me, and whilst the dual LED flash is handy, burst mode & Slomo have mostly been gimmicks to play with whilst drinking.

If the 5C had been available in 64GB I would have gone for one. In hand it reminds me of the 3G/3GS, its just as fast as I need and the colour is a nicer gimmick IMO

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I think he's just expressing his lack of perceived differences other than the FP sensor.

For many people there's not much of a noticeable difference.

The FP sensor turns out to be a pretty convenient feature if you lock your phone. I find trying to do the same on my iPad Mini :)

Cheers,

5. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I have a 5s and my wife has a 5c. I compared both a lot and the 5s is the faster phone for sure. Heavy apps open a good chunk faster on the 5s. The camera and graphics are better too. It just feels faster. I would say they are similar but not the same. The reason the difference might not seem that big is that the 5c is already fast.

6. dmorgan macrumors member

I believe we'll see the 5S pull ahead in a year or so, when more apps take advantage of the 64 bit architecture.

I have a 5C and it is extremely fast, I'm 100% happy with it.

7. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Haha I do the same now with my mini. Fp sensor has become so convenient for me

8. iKidWare macrumors member

Maybe I'm the minority but burst mode is no gimmick to me. In fact I think it is an awesome feature. Taking pictures of unsteady kids or dogs is a breeze with burst mode, just hold it down, one of the 30 shots are bound to be great, delete the rest if unwanted..

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

5S is a much better overall experience IMO. My 7 y/o daughter has the 5C and whilst it's a great phone....Its not the 5S.

10. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

This is the major difference. I have neither a dog nor children. So it is a gimmick for me Its cool, but I don't have a use for it.

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

12. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

(iPhone 5 | iPhone 5C) x 2 ~= iphone 5S

Corrected for you. ;)

13. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

lol where do you see that faster processor? Apps opening 20miliseconds faster? :rolleyes:

14. WilliamG macrumors 604

It makes a noticeable difference in real-world use. Browsing the web is much smoother in Safari with more busy web-pages.

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Yep they sure are.

Just like Toyota, Mazda and Ford are the same as Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi. :rolleyes:

16. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

You gotta be kidding me. Ive played with the 5S today and it's not noticeable at all. Its only noticeable when you have proffesional stopwatch to measure launch times. ;)

17. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

oh me, our daughter will b 7 soon. I won't be buying her a phone , but to each their own o_o

18. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

If the 5C was the same as the 5S the 5C would be $199 for a 16gb on contract.

Not saying the 5C is a bad phone, but saying the 5C is the same as the 5S is like saying the 5 is the same as the 5S.

19. WilliamG macrumors 604

I'm not talking about launch times. Actually, we can talk about launch times. Plants Vs Zombies 2 loads significantly quicker if my memory serves correctly, for example. Stock apps don't load noticeably faster, of course.

In any case, the Safari browsing experience is much smoother on the 5s.

20. Marky253 macrumors newbie

Here's the difference - The 5S will last you longer

.. and be a usable phone for longer, because it has better processor. It's more "future-proof" as Tim Cook said in the keynote.

As soon as app manufacturers start to upgrade their apps to take advantage of the new processors, and graphics, it will all get a bit rubbish for older iphone models. Most app manufacturers tend to design and test their apps to work best on new models of iphone. Ignoring or putting as second priority at least, the capacities of the older ones.

That's what I found with the iphone 4, it all got terribly slow. Because the apps got 'upgraded' to.. practically useless. Lord knows what it was like for people with iphone 3's and earlier!

21. urkel macrumors 68030

While I agree with that, I also feel that most 5s users who are "worried" about a future-proof'd phone aren't the type of users who are planning on owning their 5s for multiple generations.

For me, I went from a 5 to 5s and regret it. Touch ID, SloMo video, M7 and 64bit are all amazing but their potential is unrealized. And by the time we see these used in more practical scenarios then I'll already be in line for the iPhone 6.

(BTW. i cant go back because I sold my 5 before giving the 5s a proper run. Whoops. :D)

22. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Well to be honest, that's why upgrading every 2 years is best.

I came to the 5S from a 4S, and it's a pretty darn good upgrade. Had I an iPhone 5, I would be waiting for the 6 too. I don't get people that upgrade yearly and then complain because it's not a huge upgrade...duh.

23. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sounds more like there's no difference for your usage. There are definitely difference for mine. Don't just assume that your situation/needs/preferences are universal.

24. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

And minus the Gyro/Compass malfunctions and the bend-ability options the 5S has.

25. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Why is it bad for a 7 yo to have a phone? Please explain.