5S/5C Shadyside, Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ty7u5, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

I myself will be heading over to the Shadyside Pittsburgh apple store around midnight, anyone else planning on picking up their new iphone at this store?

2. Voondebah macrumors member

I was planning on going to the Shadyside store. I was originally going to go around 2/3 am, but I figure I might as well go around midnight when the lady goes to sleep.

Have you ever been there for a previous iPhone launch? I haven't and am curious as to what to expect.

3. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

I was looking to originally head over to the Ross park store, but am considering shadyside..have either of you done a launch there before?

4. ty7u5 thread starter macrumors member

I've never been to a Shadyside launch, so I have no idea what to expect. But I'm definitely very excited nonetheless.

5. Voondebah macrumors member

I was there for the launch of the very first iPad. I had a reservation. They had two lines (walk-ins, reservations). I showed up about an hour before opening, was back about 10 people in line. I was actually first out the door, about 10 minutes after opening.

Of course, this launch will be completely different, especially without reservations! :)

6. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

Well crap. I wasn't able to get off work, so if I can't get in and out, I don't know if I'll be able to get a phone.

I was planning on going over early, but not midnight early. :eek:

7. Jeff3f macrumors member

the 4S launch was nice and...civilized. I don't recall when I showed up, but it wasn't early (probably 9 or 9:30; it was an impulse). it was drizzling and apple store folks were passing out umbrellas and coffee. They had folks working the end of the line, seeing what people were there for handing out "tickets" for a specific iphone (ie ATT white 64gb for me).

It went somehwhat slowly because their activation servers glitched, but my receipt says 10:15 or so. Shadyside store is nice because it's outside (not in a mall) and you can line along the building...and they work the line.

but, there are folks going there instead of more local mall stores...so that means they'll be more crowded. there are also folks in line from midnight (crazy!)

but, that store probably gets a lot more stock. I've always had more luck with this store for walking in off the street and getting a scarce item...

8. rkulpajr macrumors member

rkulpajr

9. aetolie macrumors newbie

About 20 deep

10. perfectn64 macrumors newbie

11. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

If you aren't in line now, no hope for gold (according to employee). Silver limited as well. Seems that grey is most available.

12. perfectn64 macrumors newbie

Tough call, was hoping to get down around 6 and get a silver... but that's looking unlikely now.

13. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Yeah, who knows for sure. Staff could be playing it up. Line is about half a block right now.

14. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

Shadyside got one gold. Verizon 64gb.

All the silver / white were gone before they got to me at number 21. Glad I wanted gray, lol.