5s and invisishield?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cchunk, Sep 27, 2013.

1. cchunk macrumors 6502

So i just got a 5s. I had a 4s before and had invisiShield on front and back. Just wondering if anyone knows if the iphone 5 shield works the same with the 5s. Only reason im asking is because of the fingerprint sensor and dont know if it interferes.

if anyone has it on their 5s please feel free to share

2. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

Invisibleshield doesn't cover the sensor so it shouldn't even be a consideration...That said, if the screen works, the sensor works. Same basic technology implemented in different ways.

3. Steveh2780 macrumors regular

Steveh2780

I've install an iphone 5 full body shield on my 5S, works fine. Front is spot on with the sensor and the back is ok (slightly covers too and bottom of the flash by maybe 1 mm but it's clear so does not interfere with purpose

----------

Should add that it was an iphone 5 Bodyguardz full body tough skin

4. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to chime in that I am partial to Power Support screen protectors. I bought the 5 version for my 5s, and it fits great. There is an extra hole on the front for some reason next to the camera (3 holes around the speaker) and the old flash cut out just barely works for the new flash. I am very happy with it.

It does seems to have a little bit of a wavy look to it though, which is annoying. The 4s cover was perfect.

http://www.powersupportintl.com/iPhone-5-accessories-s/1826.htm

5. tharepairguy macrumors member

I've purchased over 15 zaggs over the years but I do not like their cut out design for the 5 and 5s. They are the same sku and protector at the end of the day. I don't feel as if it's going to make it though the long haul and stay on well. I had a perfect install and it's already starting to feel like it's coming up slightly around the home button. I think this one will be returned and will have to find another protector to help with my OCD.

That lifetime warranty doesn't mean much to me when it cost's around 5 bux each time it needs to be replaced. I use a front and back protector because I do not like the bulk of a case and carry it in my front pocket. It seems like its inevitable that at some point, lint works it way under the screen with all the zaggs I've had over the years.

6. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

I normally use them but this time I've done without.

7. posguy99 macrumors 6502

There are no extra holes.

The one next to the camera is the ambient light sensor, the one next to the earpiece is the proximity sensor.

8. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

I just had a ZAGG HD installed on my 5s today. No issues, the cutout for the home button is plenty big enough so it doesn't interfere.

----------

I've had similar issues with every screen protector I've installed myself. I finally started going to a ZAGG kiosk and having them installed by the ZAGG staff. I keep my phones for a year, put protectors on front and back, don't use cases, and I've never had any issues with any shield installed by the kid working at the kiosk. That's 4 iPhones and 5 iPads worth of "professionally installed" shields, not to mention various other tablets and e-readers. Except for minor discoloration, they always look as good the day I rip them off of the devices as the day they were installed.

9. pk7 macrumors 6502

I decided that I wanted to go caseless this time around. I'm careful with my iPhone and didn't want to mask the sleekness of the Space Grey model.

I went into a Zagg outlet and they installed InvisiShield for the back and sides only as per my request. It looks great. The parts that aren't covered are the bottom (due to all the components there), and the buttons. This only cost me $20.

For the front, I ordered an SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector and managed to install it by myself on the first try perfectly aligned, without any bubbles, dust, or fingerprints underneath. :D It has 0 orange peel effect, and the rainbow effect seems less noticeable (if any) than the PS Crystal I got for my 4S last year. This ran me $14.

Zagg's and SGP's films are compatible with the entire iPhone 5 series. For $34, I got as much protection as I can get without getting a decent fully-fledged case.

It's a great combination. It's a bit odd because the whole phone feels smooth and grippy, whereas my 4S's case (and my mom's 5s without a rear film) had some texture to it that felt good on my hands, but it's a minor adjustment.

The main thing I worry about is the scuffing I have heard about on the chamfers. Those are left uncovered even with everything I still have. I have heard that the Space Grey color is more resilient than last year's Slate, so I guess I will just have to be careful and let whatever happen happen.

Apologies for the weirdly-lit iPad photos. Not sure why the thumbnails have the orientation of the pictures looking all wonky, but if you click them, they load fine.

Attached Files: