5s apps crashing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JTyler82, Oct 2, 2013.

1. JTyler82 macrumors regular

So I have a launch day 5S and since day one I've noticed a few apps crashing. I thought maybe it was because the phone and iOS 7 was new but almost 2 weeks later and apps are crashing constantly

Even Apple apps now. I was just texting and the default SMS crashed mid sentence. I have no idea what to do and can't exactly exchange my phone (Verizon has a one exchange policy).

Any ideas??

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you haven't done it already I'd start with simply restarting the phone (hold sleep and home button until phone restarts).

3. B's iPhone macrumors member

B's iPhone

I've actually had the same thing happen.
    I didn't see anything here about it though and kind of figured it was my phone.
    If it keeps up Ill make an appointment and get it swapped.

4. schizbomb macrumors 6502

My 5S also has a ton of crashing apps. None are first party though. That would worry me.

My RDP app for work works perfectly fine on all my co-workers devices on iOS7 but not my 5S, so I figured it was something to do with 64 bit, etc.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I have had some apps (mostly Settings) due to memory management and kernel dumps ... all feedback to Apple ...

I think the kernel is still in early stages and needs refinement (applying Android to iOS :D)

6. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Restore the phone to factory and don't restore from backup. Crashes may be due to old settings/preference files.

7. kbuck1984 macrumors member

A lot of my apps are crashing. Mail. Safari. Messages. Some 3rd party apps. My phone randomly restarts 2-3 times a day while using these apps.

8. JTyler82 thread starter macrumors regular

I rebooted my phone the way it was mentioned above but when I pressed down everything went black and wouldn't come back on. I had to hit the power button again for the phone to boot up.

Ever since then no crashes Yet though.