5S Battery and Resotring iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desithugsr, Sep 23, 2013.

1. desithugsr macrumors member

I was fortunate enough to be able to find an iPhone 5s on Friday and have been playing around with it all weekend. However, my battery life is atrocious. I have been stuck having to recharge at least twice a day, even with minimal usage.

I think the problem is I restored from my iPhone 5, that was running the recent beta versions of iOS 7.

I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues since upgrading their device.

Also, if I were to set this up as a brand new iPhone, and manually redownload apps and content, what is the best way to do that? I use iCloud to hold all my pictures and videos and really have not had much success syncing them through iTunes or with iPhoto. Any suggestions for the best way to get all these back on my phone after restoring to a new iPhone are really appreciated.

I have swarmed the forms and there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus about what to do here.

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I would also like an answer to this. But I can't just set up as a new phone... I need all my pictures and text messages which takes up more than the 5GB iCloud gives me.

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I set mine up as a new phone and the battery is slightly better than it was on the iPhone 5. I can go through an entire day with moderate/high usage without any trouble.

Have you run the battery all the day down and charged fully? I did notice on my first complete cycle, that I sat at 1% for over two hours, so it might not be quite as bad as you think it is.

That said, it is always a good idea to start fresh .. particularly if you restored a backup from a beta.

Can't help you with the text messages, but you can sync your photos back to the phone.