5s Buy Now button has appeared in NZ online Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yezza, Sep 25, 2013.

1. yezza macrumors regular

Just noticed that the iPhone 5s page on the New Zealand online Apple Store now has the blue buy now button at the top right (it wasn't there the other day).

Buy now button link goes to http://store.apple.com/nz/go/iphone5s but the page can't be found.

This is interesting seeing as the second wave of countries have yet to be announced.

[​IMG]

2. Serrat macrumors newbie

Hopefully we'll hear something this friday about wave number two.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

This can in fact be indicative of an imminent release, along with all the carriers in various countries hinting at a release coming soon.

4. yezza thread starter macrumors regular

I'd be fairly surprised if NZ is not in the 2nd wave of countries.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Based on past releases, there is no doubt New Zealand would be included in the second wave.
    I've read some articles referring to early October (10th) for the second round, but obviously nobody has quoted any reliable source.

Possibly a fake, but here a screenshot I found earlier:
    [​IMG]

So far Apple hasn't provided any kind of information. This is upsetting the user base in a lot of countries, since there seems to be availability of iPhone 5c models. This would let Apple behave like in the first round, by rolling out the 5c first and the 5s a week after, but sources are citing a massive constraint in supply, either really unexpected or a market move on Apple's part.

----------

Also, as of now, both the "buy now" button and that screen have disappeared.

6. Serrat macrumors newbie

Hmm, no mentions anywhere today. I'm actually surprised that there is so few leaks or rumors regarding the second wave, but guess it is because there really isn't any date set yet, and that they wait out to see how the demand is in the first wave.

And as all the big tech sites already got their phones (US, UK etc.), there really isn't anyone looking for news regarding second wave either.