5s freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Organichu, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Organichu macrumors newbie

Hey! I just got a 5s a few days ago. Everything works perfectly, except that two times so far it's locked up completely (once in the camera app, once in Safari while on a page with a lot of flash content). It doesn't respond at all, to the lock button or the home button. The only way to fix it both times has been a hard reset (hold home button + lock button for a few seconds).

Is this a known iOS7 thing? Or should I look at exchanging my phone? Do they have a backup stock for exchanges like this?

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Mine freezes in the Vine app. But that is probably the Vine app and it is fixed once I exit the app and "kill" it via double-tapping the home button. I do have apps that crash probably once a day, so I know how android users feel. But i have yet to have my iPhone 5s restart itself

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

My music app freezes, once in awhile, I think it's just some bug in iOS 7, such things are too be expected in any new OS.

Usually, it just crashes back to the main screen and I have to restart my playlist.

Once, it caused my phone to respring, but not a full reboot.

4. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

Mine just did it today in a slot app. Had to do the hard restart then it was fine.

5. Organichu thread starter macrumors newbie

Took it to the Apple Store today. They ran a diagnostic, saw how many times Safari and Springboard had crashed, handed me a brand new phone with no difficulty.

6. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I don't think a hardware replacement was necessary. You were probably experiencing bugs within iOS 7.

7. Organichu thread starter macrumors newbie

I said that to the technician- "hey, I'm here to get my MBA's SSD replaced under that program you guys have, but I've been having these problems with my phone..."

Explained that I thought it might be software based since it didn't only happen with super cpu-intensive tasks. He said "well, we can try a new phone" and I said sure, why not.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Just today my 5s buttons both froze while playing with the slo-mo video. Neither button would do anything but buttons on screen still worked. Holding both buttons and resetting the phone surprisingly worked:confused:

9. Organichu thread starter macrumors newbie

yup, this is the same issue i was having

10. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

Hard restarting weekly should be good to solve some problems.

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm pretty sure it's an ios7 issue with the buttons. Hopefully next week we will all be updated and these issues will be resolved!

Opening the door to some new glitch suprises lol:rolleyes:...

12. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

If this happened to me, my first suggestion would be to do a wipe and completely fresh iOS 7.0.2 install, and not from backup. See if the errors continue.

I know this sold a lot of iOS7 problems on my iPad, which was choking on iOS7 after doing an OTA update from iOS6. Did a totally clean install, now iOS7 is working pretty decent (except for that damn wallpaper/homescreen delay bug).

13. justabrake macrumors member

mine froze a few times and I deleted tumblr and didn't have a freeze since