5S Home Button delay to close apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman13, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

So, I passed my iPhone 5 to my wife when I picked up my 5S. Overall, I love the 5S - faster processing in apps and games, TouchID works wonderfully for me, the camera is better, etc.

But I picked up my wife's 5 to do something real quick, and was astounded to see how quickly her apps close compared to my 5S. When I press the home button to exit an app on my 5S, there is about a 3/4 second delay between pressing and when the app actually closes to the home screen. On my wife's 5, there is no perceptible delay at all. Repeatable with any app, and even after closing all apps and rebooting. Put them side by side and the 5 is at the home screen about the same time the 5S starts the closing animation.

The delay also seems to be there when double clicking to the app switcher. It just pauses for a beat before executing.

Any ideas as to why the 5S has this delay?

Hoping it's fixed on the next iOS 7 release.

2. Altis macrumors 68000

Do you have the triple-click-home function set to something (such as invert colors) in Accessibility?

This adds a considerable amount of time delay when pressing the home button just once.

... Which makes no sense to me, because it's already waiting for a double click, why does it need to wait longer for a triple click? If you haven't double clicked in the normal time frame, there won't be a third...

Anyways, try that. ;)

3. Jman13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow, thanks! Indeed that works! (I had triple click to enable guided access...which I use very rarely, but have done in the past when my daughter would sometimes use the phone). But I don't use guided access anywhere close to enough to trade it for a delay in day to day tasks. (I use it maybe twice a year).

That is awfully bizarre that having triple click capability delays the rest of the home button operation, but there it is.

Thanks for the help!