5s Improved Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davistld01, Sep 20, 2013.

1. davistld01, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Ok, ok...has anybody had a 5s long enough to tell if the battery life is better with OS7 preinstalled than the 5 is with the
    iOS7 upgrade? My battery goes from 100% to 60% in only 3-4 hours with minimal use on my updated 5. I am bummed. :(

2. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

Dude, you havnt even had a few days to charge and deplete.
    Holy crap batman.

3. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

That's not necessary on recent iPhone batteries, dude. They have no "memory".

-Batman

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I think what the gentlemen was telling you is that no one has had an iPhone 5s long enough to make any kind of informed statement as to battery life.

Your question is like asking someone who has just driven a new car 6 blocks from the dealership how good the gas milage is.

5. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

There is a difference between a memory and properly calibrating the software. Even Apple recommends period full discharges with a subsequent full charge to calibrate.

6. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Yeah, I know...but that's why I put the disclaimer in if anybody had one long enough. This thread will obviously be much more relevant in the next couple of days...

7. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Battery estimates from the first few days are horribly inaccurate. More apps than normal are updating and people use their phone way more than normal. This creates a false impression of bad battery life.

Alternatively, many apps haven't yet been launched and had push notifications re-enabled so a false impression of good battery life happens.