5s is really a game-changer (it blows away the board's whiners & trolls are quiet)!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MRSucks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MRSucks macrumors member

Okay, happy 5s lovers ... This is where we predict the first 5 life-changing apps that will be released in the next six months developed solely for our 64 bit smart monster. Feel free to express your wish list too. :D

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Biggest game-changed for me would be iCloud Keychain support for the fingerprint sensor :)

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

4. TimCook macrumors member

TimCook

Heh, quiet trolls is a contradiction in terms! They troll because they can, not because there is good reason. And hence they won't stop for reason either

As to the OP:
    I'd like to see a good app that uses the M7 to inform you about how much you have moved during the day and how. I've seen a few of these types of apps in the appstore but they are generally just scams.. :p

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

As said by Steve Jobs
    "calm down, it's just a phone".

A phone that is a small improvement over the last one will not be a life-changer :p unless some guy makes an app that sends an automatic 911 call if you're in trouble.

6. MRSucks thread starter macrumors member

I can feel it ... one of their hands doing the obligatory trolling then the other one holding the flag of surrender.

----------

This.

7. wxman2003 Suspended

I run over trolls. They make a nice thumping sound after the squeaks they make.

8. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

whiners and fanboys have one thing in common: they both lack objectivity.

so, what are those 5 "life-changing" apps that will be released solely for the iphone 5S in the next 6 months according to your prediction?

9. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Lol, some people act like Apple products cure cancer.

10. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

in a way they do. The oncology dept at a hospital i intern at gives iPads to all nurses and physicians. Not sure why they would pay so much money when there are cheaper android options out there... oh wait.

11. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Not saying that Apple doesn't make amazing products (I own a MBA and iPhone 5s) but you are crazy if you think that an iPad really makes a difference in a patient beating cancer ;)

I'd say, if anything, its more about the radiation, chemotherapy, and years of training the hospital staff went through.

12. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Yes x1,000,000,000

13. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

maybe not directly, but it obviously helps the hospital staff become more efficient, possibly helping. ;) We used to have paper charts, and nobody wants to admit it, but medical errors are a lot more common in hospitals where technology is lacking.

then again, its also probably just to make everybody look cool walking around carrying an iPad. lol. lets face it, there is a coolness factor to apple products.

14. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

15. Kabir8 macrumors regular

I feel like the phone lays the groundwork for developers to create more intensive user experiences with apps, especially given the 64-bit capabilities.
    Most people are focusing on what's available NOW on the phone.
    I got used to the iOS 7 UI, mostly because of how quick and snappy it is coming from a jailbroken 4S that had a theme running.

I do wish some of the gestures available on the iPad would also work on the iPhone though.

But I see the future that could be possible with this phone. Think about how apps changed in the past 2 years, and many of us had the same device for those 2 years.

16. user-name-here macrumors 65816

True, true true. Good point. I can definitely agree with it being better than paper charting (I've seen some of the worst mistakes covered up via paper charting) so you are right about that. And the fact that it makes staff look cool :cool:

Most hospitals I work at though have computers-on-wheels which I would take any day over an iPad as it has an actual keyboard, med scanners, official hospital charting programs, and supplies:
    [​IMG]

17. HiRisk macrumors 6502

18. user-name-here macrumors 65816

What do you mean? The fact that his name stands for MacRumorsSucks or was there something else that stood out? :p

19. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

ah yes we have those too at the nurses stations. Generally they just sit in the hallways. but usually when the doc walks into a pt room to consult, he/she will have all the imaging/test results on the iPad. It isn't without its risks though, one physician i know accidently wrecked his ipad mini walking into an MRI room. whoops

I think i saw our cafeteria workers taking food orders on the iPad as well haha.

20. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

keychain...
    the rest will be as good with any iOS device...

21. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

Apple's marketing team will be celebrating :p

22. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

LOL, thanks for proving my point.

23. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

my point was they could've bought cheaper tablets but obviously theres something with the iPad that makes it worth the price. Large institutions don't buy things for aesthetics.

24. mellofello macrumors 65816

Troll here:

Its still a weak upgrade. They should have brought out the iPhone 6.

25. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Better get to shutting up this one...