5s or 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rogier1991, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Rogier1991 macrumors member

Currently i'm the owner of a HTC One but now I want an iPhone because I purchased a Macbook a few months ago. Problem is that I can't choose between the 5C and the 5S. With my mobile, I do some tasks like messaging, browsing, taking some pictures or Facebook and Instagram and check my email. Wih that point, the 5C is good enough for me. Problem is that I am afraid that I gonna mis some cool features for the fingerprintscanner (certain that Apple will release these).

What are your thoughts? And looks iOS 7 better on the 5c than the 5c because of the colored strip around the front panel? Thanx.

2. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

1) Go a store and play with both phones and see which design / feel you like better
    2) 5S is more powerful, only $100 more and will perform better 1-2 years out as developers take advantage of the new A7/M7 chips
    3) 5C is $100 less, has cool colors, and will likely perform all the tasks you ask of it well for 2-3 years; it currently performs those tasks on par with the 5S
    4) 5S has the fingerprint sensor and improved camera, but IMO this is the last consideration

3. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Just get the 5S. If you get a 5C, you will always wonder what you are missing.

4. Rogier1991 thread starter macrumors member

I upgrade every year. Probably it is good to wait and see what features Apple brings us in the case of fingerprint. For now, go with the 5C than?

5. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

5s, no question, it's only $100 more (17% more) and a load of bonuses:

1. Fingerprint Sensor
    2. Premium finish
    3. A7 processor (faster)
    4. 64 bit processor (that's the future of phone right there, you will start to see a breed of Apps that only work on 64 bit)

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

No. Get the 5S.

Put it this way. I purchased the iPhone 5 last year at launch. I just purchased a 5S with a discounted upgrade price ($650 for the 64 GB model). I sold my iPhone 5 for $450. Only payed $200 for my new iPhone 5S 64 GB model.

Worry about the upgrade next year. Just get the 5S and enjoy it. The 5C is using older technology.

7. Rogier1991 thread starter macrumors member

And pay that 100 for features I don't use? (like M7 processor, camera, 64 bit, fingerprintsensor is not necessary for me...)

8. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

Go and check out both phones. Choose which one you like. Both are good phones. 5S is more future proof.

9. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I would say for you get the 5c. It will work better and faster then the device you are currently on. If your not going to use the features of the 5s then save the $100. The 5c is a wonderful device and is fast as hell

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Look, it's nice to say "get the best!" but we don't live in a vacuum.

I always get the best iPhone and best Mac.

But I don't buy the best iPad or car or TV. These are my personal choices.

We all have to prioritize which things in life matter more and which less. Go play with each and decide if that extra $100 is better used in your phone or in another thing you buy. And don't feel bad if you decide you want a better refrigerator at the expense of your phone.

12. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

I agree with the post above, you should go play with both and decide, most that hold a 5c are pretty impressed with it, and the speed and looks suit your needs then great, if not get the 5s, you wont lose by going one or the other, both are good phones.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

As others have said, go try them out. Personally, I'd go with the 5S as I don't upgrade every year and it has better internals than the 5C.

14. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

I almost went with the 5C because I like they way the old 3GS felt in my hands. I usually don't use a case. The only reason I went with the 5S is for the finger print sensor. Using a lock code is smart but I hate the extra time to type it (at least on my 4S). I0S7 is much better at typing in your passcode because it is bigger.

By the time the "C" models get a 64 bit processor the apps will be using 64 bits so that alone is not justification in my mind.

15. ilp macrumors member

It will take about a year to get software out there that really uses 64-bit apps or the M7 processor.

In a year from now, sell your 5C and upgrade.