5S pictures

michaelpri

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
The pictures that I take on my 5s always look washed out- not sharp enough. Are there default settings tha I should check? What should they be set at for the best pictures? I have heard that the camera is supposed to be very good but the pictures do not look as good as on my wifes s4.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Can you be more specific about the conditions when you take a picture? Or even post one? Quick answer is the less light there is the "worse" the picture will look. Long answer it has to do with aperture, shutter speed, ISO, noise, etc.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The pictures that I take on my 5s always look washed out- not sharp enough. Are there default settings tha I should check? What should they be set at for the best pictures? I have heard that the camera is supposed to be very good but the pictures do not look as good as on my wifes s4.
It would really help if you posted an image so we could look at it

michaelpri

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Not sure how to post them on here. General conditions, inside, outside,nothing special. I am just not sure if some of the original settings were changed in error and I can set them to where they should be. I have the hdr off and auto flash on.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Not sure how to post them on here. General conditions, inside, outside,nothing special. I am just not sure if some of the original settings were changed in error and I can set them to where they should be. I have the hdr off and auto flash on.
I would turn off flash unless you need it. You decide when to use the flash.

My 5S took excellent images for a cell phone, the 6 images a little better.