5s Power button rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBSubliminal, Sep 30, 2013.

1. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

I have a gold 5s and noticed when i get a text or when phone is on vibrate I can hear the power button slightly rattle. I noticed the Power button looks like its loose thus the rattle. I went to the Apple Store Saturday and tested the models on the floor and they all seem like they are a little loose, and when I pick up the phone to shake it you can hear a slight rattle. My question is does anybody have this issue? Thanks in advance.

2. Juanefny macrumors regular

Yes, I'm on my second 5S and both have that rattle. It's b/c the button and the phone are both aluminum so it makes a slight noise when you shake it. If you're really bothered by it, get a cover, it should minimize the problem.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Yes, everyone has this issue (to some degree). If it's a rattle during vibration, it could also be the camera lens moving around. If you put your finger on the button while it vibrates, does the rattle stop?

Honestly, they ALL do this to some degree. There's nothing wrong with your phone.

4. CBSubliminal thread starter macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Thanks for the responses. It isnt the camera lens at all. Its the power button when I put my finger on the button it stops. It's no biggie to me. All the on floor models at the apple store had some type of play in the power button and a little rattle.

5. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

Mine rattles too. But I use a case, and with the case on there is no rattling.

Doesn't bother me.

6. deraj090 macrumors regular

you're definitely not alone -- metal on metal.

7. CBSubliminal thread starter macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Thanks guys. It does just a little even with my apple leather case on as well. But Im not gonna take any chances swapping it out as the other "whitebox replacement" phone have the possibility doing it as well. Im good with it.