5s Questions that likely won't be answered during the keynote.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edd.Dantes, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Edd.Dantes macrumors 6502

1. Does iOS currently have TRIM enabled? If not, is there any indication that it will be included in iOS7? I was wondering if this carried over from OSX code or not.

2. What is the likelihood of 2gb of RAM? I'm not going to mention that robot OS because I generally would like more RAM, whether the core phone/apps need it or not. I am the guy that uses my phone like a desktop :)

3. Any [rumors], that I may have missed, that point to faster RAM? If we don't get more, I hope for faster RAM as it can make the experience so much better than a faster CPU or GPU.

4. The newer in-cell screen tech... Has any year-over-year advances been made or will this be the same exact tech as the 5? [Again, based on current rumors]

5. Where do the rumors stand for the camera? I know it will probably have much better low-light improvements but any solid megapixel reports? I am a megapixel whore because I constantly crop my pictures... so pixels matter to me ;)

6. Am I the only person that is disappointed that there is no IGZO screen? :(

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

iOS has a form of trim running already
    You don't need more ram when a company manages both software and hardware.
    Yes the a7 core uses faster memory rumour of usb3 speeds have been floating around

The screen tech leaked is exactly like the 5
    It'll be improved id bet my life on it

Yes you are

4. blkjedi954 macrumors member

blkjedi954

Well its rumored to have 64 bit support and be 31% faster with NO quad core configuration:

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/1...4-bit-support-31-speed-boost-but-no-quad-core