"5S Short Supply" RUMORS WEREN'T KIDDING! Only Black - And Guess How Many

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 19, 2013.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Not that anyone likes Sprint (;)) but I have a friend who works for a local store here and informed me of stock:

ONLY Black iPhone 5s. 2 or 3 of each capacity. NO silver and NO gold. 21 5Cs.

Obviously stock will vary all over. But mind blown at these numbers. :eek: There are going to be a lot of waiting upset people.

2. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

4. Starfyre macrumors 65816

Starfyre

5. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Not sure. I'll find out. It is a stand alone store, though. (Does that mean anything?)

6. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

7. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Just shows that the bulk of the supply is going to apple stores

8. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I feel like this post would benefit more diehard Apple fans who want the phone than it will help the scalpers.

So if any of you "need" the phone tomorrow wake your ass up at the crack of dawn and get down there. Again, I'm sure some stores will have more, but this is just crazy.

...we hope. They'll have more, no doubt. But how much more?

9. wxman2003 Suspended

My guess is the mobile carriers would rather have you buy it online.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68020

My local at&t store says they got hundreds of space gray, about 10 silver, and no gold. So who really knows. They did say they got about double 5C's also.

11. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

"Hundreds of space grey"? Where do they work, an AT&T warehouse? :rolleyes: There's no way (IMO) a local store got hundreds, and double that of 5C.

12. theinstructor macrumors regular

theinstructor

We read this crap every year and ever year doomsday never comes. Have faith in the Chinese to deliver bling bling. :apple:

13. Bigdawg4 macrumors regular

Just my luck...Im 2 hours away from an Apple store...:mad:

14. wxman2003 Suspended

Gold will be in high demand. A "shortage" of gold is a business ploy by Apple. Of course they want it to be in short supply. Makes it even more desirable and the media will hype it up. Space gray is likely the color most people will get, and thus people will not be walking away empty handed. Whether space gray, silver or gold, the process to make is the same. if there is a shortage, it's an artificially created shortage by Apple.

15. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

All I know is, I don't care how small a store is. Send two 32GB and 64GB versions of a brand new phone would never be enough. They outdid it with the 16GB, though... with a whopping four.

16. wxman2003 Suspended

If this is not a corporate store but a reseller, then this is exactly what happened last year. The resellers were left out in the cold with no supply. The supply chain.....Apple Stores followed by Carriers, followed by Best Buy/Wal Mart, followed by resellers. The trickle down method at it's best.

17. Kurso macrumors 6502

Thats my guess too. Honestly, I have never had a good experience inside of a carriers store. They are expensive to maintain for the carrier and slow for the consumer.

I'd rather order my phone online and wait a few days than go to the store.

18. manhattanmania macrumors regular

i have a friend that manages an AT&T store. believe me or not, but what he told me echoes internet rumors completely. space gray only, no one is getting gold or white (meaning ATT stores). he is a corporate store.

19. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Corporate T-Mobile stores in Minnesota only each got two of the three colors and only a few at that. They only stock the 16GB in store to begin with so that really means their won't be much at all.

20. UmichAg macrumors member

That's racist!
    ;)

21. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm really not surprised this same thing happens every year..

22. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Just came from a Sprint store in San Diego. I didn't get exact numbers for space grey, but an associate said they had 0 silver and 0 gold in the shipment they received today. He said they expect a shipment tomorrow morning, but it doesn't look likely.

23. pat park macrumors 6502a

I hear this conspiracy theory every new product launch and have to laugh that anyone thinks Apple would see this as a viable business model. Introduce a desirable product and intentionally hold it back to create more demand. Turn away sales to generate more sales. This is not happening.

24. farmkittie macrumors 6502

I guess I'll never know but...

This may be a crazy thought but I wondered if Apple didn't make many of the gold because they wanted to wait to see if it would be popular. If they made too many they might be a laughingstock. Probably not the reason but I thought about it.

I've always wanted the gold as soon as I saw how it looked. I usually pick neutral clothes and car colors but that gold phone looks good to me. I have a black iPhone 4 now.

25. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I'm glad there are so many people that want gold! Because I don't, which leaves more space gray ones for me! :)

Mark