5S slow wifi connection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alleyooptroop, Sep 21, 2013.

1. alleyooptroop macrumors regular

just got a 32gb verizon 5s in space grey. upon coming home and setting up i'm noticing very slow and even non existent wifi speeds. another iphone and a laptop in the house aren't having trouble. could there be something wrong with the wifi antenna?

2. phositadc macrumors 6502

Mine seems about normal...
    [​IMG]

3. alleyooptroop thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for rubbing it in. there's something weird going on. i did a speedtest on my laptop and i'm getting 20+ down and 20+ up. but when i do it on my 5s i'm not even getting 1mb down. anyone have any ideas?

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Try unplugging your network router/cable modem, wait 2 minutes, replug, etc.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

reset network settings on your phone and see if that helps

6. alleyooptroop thread starter macrumors regular

i've tried both of these and am getting the same results. weird thing is this is the second phone that this is happening to. i bought one this morning, experienced this problem when i got home and immediately went back to the apple store to make an exchange thinking there was something wrong with the wifi antenna. now that this is happening to a second phone there has to be something that my network is doing to the phone. does that sound right? is that possible? btw, my lte speeds are fine when i'm out and about. i've also tried completely resetting the modem completely. ugh!

7. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

When was the last time you had new device on your personal network? Even brief guests?

Also, did you physically unplug your cable modem and router, or just software reset both from the admin panel? Did you wait the 30+ seconds?