5S Users, Jump Ship Now or Later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eleer, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Eleer macrumors newbie

Eleer

Hey guys, Android user here. I'm currently using an aging Galaxy Nexus that I've had for almost two years and I'm ready to upgrade. Making it short, I'm in love with iOS7. The new OS alone makes me want the iPhone.

To the point: Should I upgrade now or should I wait for iPh6? Everything seems very enticing with 5S, though I've always told myself that if I was ever going to upgrade to an iPhone, I would never upgrade to an "S" model. Are you all enjoying it?

I'm on the fence, help me out.

2. phositadc macrumors 6502

I agree. If you really want to switch to iPhone, don't wait.

3. newcastle1 macrumors newbie

Right now.

I just switched from a Nexus 4. Im pretty happy about it.

4. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Are you on a carrier that has some of the newer "frequent upgrade friendly" plans? If so, check that out, and if it looks like a good deal then go for the 5S now *and* the 6 later!! No sense staying on old hardware for a year when the carriers are finally starting to make yearly (or even twice-a-year) upgrades do-able.

5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

If you have a 2-year upgrade available but you wait 12 months until the iPhone 6 then you are simply throwing $225 in the trash that your carrier is willing to give you though subsidy.

IMO, upgrade now and don't look back. 5s is an amazing phone and you can always sell it in a year and do an early upgrade next year to the 6.

6. Brenz macrumors member

Switch, personally I prefer the s models. All the issues with the new design are ironed out from the year before and it gets a few new features.

7. MRSucks macrumors member

Do it!

Welcome to the iWorld. You are coming in at the perfect time. There will be lot of great things in store for our 64-bit monster.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am an Andoird user (see sig) and I say go for it now. iOS 7 should be called "the best of Android". And I don't say that in a derogatory way. Everything people like in Android (save the die hard fans who site things like widgets, storage, etc) has been brought to iOS with this latest release. I literally do NOT see a reason to jailbreak anymore. Really. It's THAT good. (I still personally have issue with the way Apple handles the AppStore, but it's getting less draconic, and the rest is for another discussion).

Also, iRadio is awesome. Once you teach it your likes and dislikes its a real Pandora competitor, with better integration (you can "thumb up" songs right from the lock screen) and you get no ads so long as you pay for iTunes match. Even if you wouldn't use iTunes match, at $25 a year it comes out being CHEAPER than ad free Pandora.

9. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Do it ! You won't regret it . Awesome operating system and great phone ! Also , when the iphone 6 is around the corner keep out an eye on the announce and sell your device before the announcement on Craigslist or eBay and you'll get a great deal and upgrade with a minimal amount to the 6. iPhones have a great resell value .

10. noobinator macrumors 601

I personally am going to go with the iPhone 5s / Nexus 5 combo. :cool:

11. ewils19, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

ewils19 macrumors 6502

Same. I loved my 4S and I'm looking forward to getting my 5s!

12. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Plus, it's a year's worth of manufacturers designing/making accessories for that model. Cases, screen protectors, docks, etc., you're pretty much good to go before the phone is even in your hands.

13. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the dark side. Let the apple ecosystem suck you in :)

but seriously the best thing about an iPhone is the seamless integration with everything else.