5S --> Will I be able to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beatbeckham, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Beatbeckham macrumors regular

Hi guys.

I just sold my iPhone 5 to get a new iPhone 5S. I live in Norway, so I will be ordering the phone on oct 28. I think I will receive the phone one week after.

I´ve been jailbreaking all my previous iPhones, so I´m eager to do it on my new 5S when iOS 7 jailbreak is out, but I do have one question.

Do you think Apple will release another version of iOS 7 before I get my 5S? If so, do you think it will support the jailbreak?

Thanks!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

No one can tell you for sure but word is the jb team is waiting for 7.0.3...

3. Beatbeckham thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but didnt get you totally. Are the jb team waiting for 7.0.3 to release? So, we can be running 7.0.3 to jailbreak?

4. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Yes...

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

No one can give you a real answer since the developers working on JBs aren't exactly very open with their progress. The screenshot shows they're working on it but have made no mention of the 5S which I would assume is going to be harder to JB.

Attached Files:

6. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I've never really seen a popular mainstream phone not rooted or jail broken. It's just a matter of time that's all.

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It will be out on the 25th. ;)

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

You will be able to, the question is, when.

I'm not personally looking for a jailbreak. It got old for me.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The jailbreakers are waiting for a bit. I know 7.0.3 was mentioned, but I thought they were waiting for 7.1? Am I wrong?

In any case, the point to waiting is that after any intial first release Apple tends to eliminate bugs and plug holes very quickly by releasing updates quite quickly. If the jailbreakers release their jailbreak it would be a very easy thing for Apple to kill it with one of these quick version releases.

Once you have a .1 release or so Apple doesn't release very frequently after that so eliminating a jailbreak will take longer.

There no sense in releasing a jailbreak only to have Apple kill it a few days later.

P.S. They are being quiet about it because it's a matter of not tipping their hand to Apple. Apple can find out what they did later, after it's all said and done.

10. bho14099516 macrumors newbie

Really?? I got my iphone 5s expected delivery on that day! I guess good things come to those who wait!:)

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Oh, sorry, that's not the jailbreak date! Just the date the new iPhone models are released in Norway. :)