5s with 2 tiny nicks return or exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Sep 22, 2013.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I bought a white 5s on launch day, I waited in line 5 hours. I noticed two really tiny marks on the phone, and I'm debating what I should do. I mean the phones brand new there shouldn't be anything on it, but I only found them looking for them, there really small. What do you think?

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I think the marks will go away the moment you put a case on your phone. Think Schrödinger's Cat. :)

3. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Return it. You should put the nicks on yourself

4. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I can see 1 of the marks with apples new leather case on it!

----------

That's what I was thinking, but there so small the I don't if apple would even see them.

5. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Pics.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

If they are so small you can barely seem them, keep the phone

Aluminum is going to take nicks during usage

7. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

All that matters is that you can see them. For the price we pay for these products it should be perfection!

8. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

The Quest for the pristine iPhone!

Just return it if it bothers you, good luck with the next one.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Murphy's law says go ahead and return it but don't be surprised if the next one offers some other minute imperfection. I'd take the two tiny nicks and be glad when I plugged it into a computer, it knew it was an iPhone instead of acting like a brick.

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Return that shitt!

If you saw that sentence as sarcasm,don't worry about it, if your read the line and thought, "yea, I probably should" then return it.

11. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Your talking to someone that kept the black iPhone 5 in pristine condition without a case lol

12. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

If you're anal about it and it bugs you, return it. I don't see it as unreasonable to expect something without damage out of the box.

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I opened my Space Grey in store. The first thing I noticed was a chip in the top left corner of the chamfered edge.

They replaced it straight away. Needless to say, the second one was perfect.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I am very carefull in using my idevices .... buy my white iPhone 5 collected a couple of small dents in 8 months.

15. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

This is 2013... we as Americans (First World BEST country on Earth YEAAAHH!!!) should NOT have to put up with these third world bottom of the shelf inferior products.

They should be absolutely 110% PRISTINE. Only the BEST for us, it's what Steve would want.

Tim Cook is gonna get a letter and a call from my lawyer if I have to put up with this crap whenever I get a new phone.

This company is going DOOWWWNNNNN baby.

P.S., Sprint sucks, where's my jailbreak, I had to wait 10 minutes in line Friday morning, they didn't have any gold iPhones, I'm switching to Android, and wtf plastic...really?!

16. woodynorman macrumors 6502

You're gonna call a lawyer if your new phone is scratched? Wow.

17. swish2351 macrumors 6502

You don't understand sarcasm?

18. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I..I guess you failed to see my sarcasm there. :confused:

19. Steveh2780 macrumors regular

Steveh2780

Get it changed. I won't be surprised if we see a lot of problems like this, apple have messed up big time with no preorders and now they are under pressure to knock out production of iPhones.
    I'm waiting on mine but will keep taking it back until I'm happy, don't except something your not 100% happy with, you paid a lot of money for a device which they claim is manufactured to the highest standard

20. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm going to return it to get a 32 gb went in today and all they had was sprint, but they did confirm the mark I have. How does exchanging for a 32 gig? Do I just keep calling to check there stock?

21. fark macrumors regular

Why didn't you ask them what you're supposed to do when you were in the store?

How else would you know when to traipse back to the store to get a pristine iPhone5s. Please microanalyze your replacement phone, hold it at every angle possible, under as many lighting conditions possible. It'd be sad if you had to continue this thread with the saga of a less than perfect second phone.

22. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

If it's on the front I'd return it. Just make sure you open the replacement in store and inspect it there.

23. woodynorman macrumors 6502

You are correct. I just didnt see it. Perhaps the use of a smiley or two would help convey your message.

There are so many people on this board who respond similarly and are completely serious.

24. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

If they're that small that you're worried other human beings won't see them, I probably would just keep it.

25. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

I had to do this last year. I first tried waiting in line early in the morning, hoping they would have the color/capacity I wanted so they could perform a swap. Normally that would work fine, but they always sold out or didn't have what I wanted. What ended up working best was first returning it (resetting my upgrade status), and then using the online reservation system to search out the model and picking up the next day.