5S with no case , how's yours holding up ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomas card, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Thomas card macrumors member

Just took the case off my silver 5s , how do they hold up I only ever had a black 5 and cased it the whole time .

2. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

It all depends of course on how you treat your phone. I've basically gone naked with mine. Just have a Caudabe Veil on there for scratch and minor bump protection and to protect the chamfered edges. It's been great so far. But then again I treat my phones well.

3. Thomas card thread starter macrumors member

Yea I'm very careful but I have kids and it's hard to keep it laying around on the charger without my 2 year old thinking it's a toy , but I'm sick of not seeing the phone itself it's so nice and I wanna use it naked so screw it , I hope the silver is more durable than the black

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

5S with no case , how's yours holding up ?

What in the world is that?

6. Thomas card thread starter macrumors member

That case is awesome I want one now bad , where did you but it

7. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

You can get it there, or Amazon.

I got mine from Amazon . . . but I'm into free shipping.

Not cheap, but it's well made.

8. Unami macrumors 6502a

i can only report on the (naked) iphone4, but i've dropped that one from waist height countless times on nearly every surface available with barely any visible scratches/dents (in bright sunlight you can see a few, but that's it). once it even slid on gravel path for about 3 meters (got some nice, but still barely visible, parallel scratches from this).

as the 5 and 5s got newer gorilla glass and an aluminium back, i'd guess they are even tougher.

i've seen a few broken screens as well on other peoples phones who seemed to need just one unlucky drop for this - but i guess you'd need a pretty tough case/protector to avoid that one pointy stone that's destined to be your phone's doom.

i'm usually not really careful with my devices, but i'm also not exceptionally careless - the only apple product i ever managed to destroy was an ipod classic 20g, i accidentially jumped on. and even that one lived for another three days (btw. ipad: 1, ikea aluminium trashcan: 0 )

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i had a case on my 5 from the day i got it and it still ended up getting scratched really bad.

10. Thomas card thread starter macrumors member

How and what case ?

11. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

Mine is amost perfect. Only screen protector and back plastic

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have a white/silver 5s, no screen protector or no case. just have a tiny tiny tiny chip type mark on top bezel, only see it if sun hits it the right way. i usually keep phone by itself but theres been a few times ive had it in my jacket pocket with keys on accident. holds up so much better then the black one

13. Acerone macrumors regular

Acerone

14. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i had it in an incase slider case that had two parts, what happened was that something got under the case, and once i slid it off it dragged it across the phone scratching it. they fixed this with their newer one by putting a cloth back to it and sliding not against the phone, i had that case for a bit but then got the apple case and couldn't go back.

15. allthatjazz macrumors regular

Looks like a thong...... for your phone.
    :confused:

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I use the original Black Leather Apple Case for my iPhone 5s.

Adds grip and style.

17. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Thanks -- now that's all I'm gonna be thinking about when I'm holding it.

haha

18. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Looks cool but $70 bucks is a bit steep for what it is...

I have a skin on mine... cost like 8 bucks shipped. Looks naked, just more shiny.

19. 997.2 macrumors regular

naked gold 5S, it's alright, keep it in a pocket alone with no keys and the bezel has quite a few scratches. totally naked, totally worth it.

20. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

I honestly can't keep a case on my phone. It's too sexy!

21. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

That iPhone is the iPhone 5. I know most cases will fit fine, though the iPhone 5S has the dual LED flash which the iPhone 5 doesn't. It looks like your case would interfere with the iPhone 5S flash.

22. techspin macrumors 6502a

Looks like a pair of suspenders strapped on a phone. Gonna keep the veil on my phone til I sell it, but probably going naked for my next phone. :)

23. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

I was actually thinking of getting the black leather case for my 5s! How is it? Does it add alot of bulk?

24. mgs315 macrumors member

My naked 5 is looking a tad used now (not bad for nearly two years running though, a little paint rubbing on the chamfer) then again my ex naked 5S work phone is looking worse after dropping it at work. Massive chassis dent (screen is fine but I can actually see into the phone slightly, cased it now!)

Stick it in my pocket with keys, small work tools, loose coins etc. I abuse the things. Still never broken one though.

25. techspin macrumors 6502a

I like the black leather apple case, and it doesn't add a lot of bulk. Black wears a lot better than the other colors.